Help finding dirt/FS roads

• HTML tutorial

Rx4Fun

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Visalia, CA, USA
Member #

Hi-I'm new to overlanding. I have a 2014 FJC TTUE that is stock, except for the dual ARB compressor under the hood. It is my daily driver. I'm an old guy-retired-and my wife and I enjoy getting out and away to see some countryside. We don't enjoy the challenge of rock climbing (no armor or recovery spots) or driving in locations that require spotters, etc. Our trips are solo, so we try to stay away from sketchy situations. That being said, can anyone can point us to dirt roads or forest service roads in Cali, AZ, Utah, Nevada? We recently visited Trona Pinnacles and Red Rock Canyon in Cali. TIA

Attachments

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

Have you tried the Gaia app on your phone Or iPad? Pretty helpful traveling in areas your not familiar with. I used it a lot on my trip last year.

Reactions: Rx4Fun

knkunz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Kunz
Member #

If you click the link I sent and scroll down you will see a yellow link for camping and off road. The app has a lot of other options it could be used for. But a lot of The overland community uses this for trails and forest service roads so on. I think once you spend a little time checking it out you will like it.

Reactions: Rx4Fun

Rx4Fun

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Visalia, CA, USA
Member #

If you click the link I sent and scroll down you will see a yellow link for camping and off road. The app has a lot of other options it could be used for. But a lot of The overland community uses this for trails and forest service roads so on. I think once you spend a little time checking it out you will like it.
Thanks