Help/Advice Needed For Camera Battery Charging Station

• HTML tutorial

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

We could sure use your help and inspiration in designing a charging station in the back of our 4R. Pics of what you've come up with would be most helpful.
It astounds me how much we have to supply juice to.
So far we have; 1 flashlight, 2 drone batteries, 1 drone controller, 1 cell phone, and 1 Cannon battery charger. Still waiting for their spots; 1 Nikon charger, GoPro battery, and 1 two-way radio battery.
One concern we're investigating is how hot the batteries will get in the foam. I may have to devise a way to circulate air around them. Our goal is to make it incredibly simple to just reach in, pull out a battery, put a dead battery back in. And not have a rat's nest of wires.
Any ideas? IMG_0269.jpgIMG_0272.jpg

PicNick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Gonzales, La
First Name
Nick
Last Name
deVeer
Member #

That's an interesting problem, hadn't considered that as an issue before but will soon be for me. Do you have a drawer system in your vehicle or only the Molle panels? I ask because I think it may be easier to build a small partition in a drawer with a non-skid mat from a tool box under everything that's charging. Stick a fan in the face of the drawer and call it a day.

Only issue with this idea would be for when everything is bouncing around on washboard roads. Maybe velcro would be the answer there, but boy oh boy do I hate velcro

Reactions: DaleRF

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Wow true story. Drone, cameras, phones....I am constantly trying not to loose cords and move chargers from 1 vehicle to another and back to the office.
So I can say you are not alone. When home I keep gopros and chargers together in a basket, drone in the drone basket. DSLR...yep in it's own basket. When I travel I put zip lock everything in its group and put it I'm a large backpack. Then charge one at a time as needed.
But now my squeaking wheels are turning. Let's see what I can come up with ;)