Launch Member

Member I

Juniata, NE, USA
First Name
Carlton
Last Name
Havins
Member #

My name is Carlton, I'm in Juniata Nebraska, I'm just getting into the overland life as I am in current process of building my rig, this kind of recreation is something that has interested me for a long time. My wife is adventurous as well so we are looking forward to see where this road takes us

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

My name is Carlton, I'm in Juniata Nebraska, I'm just getting into the overland life as I am in current process of building my rig, this kind of recreation is something that has interested me for a long time. My wife is adventurous as well so we are looking forward to see where this road takes us
Hello Carlton and welcome to the OB crew....Look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello and welcome!

CHavins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Juniata, NE, USA
First Name
Carlton
Last Name
Havins
Member #

Welcome to overland bound. These are a great bunch of people. All your questions can definatly be answered here. By the way nice 1st gen
Thanks. It's a work in progress, it's on the middle of fuel injected 360 magnum swap and a better version of the Dana 44 going in up front

Reactions: kaine ellis

CHavins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Juniata, NE, USA
First Name
Carlton
Last Name
Havins
Member #

My rig is a ramcharger ive always loved these old dodge trucks
That's awesome! I grew up in an 83 ramcharger, my dad and I did a lot of trail and ghost town exploration in southern Arizona when I was a kid. I'm a sucker for an old dodge. I'll send you some more pics as I get closer on it. By the end of summer it should be up 8" on 37" camper shell roof top tent and awning with winch on both ends.

Reactions: kaine ellis

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Carlton, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: CHavins

kaine ellis

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

That's awesome! I grew up in an 83 ramcharger, my dad and I did a lot of trail and ghost town exploration in southern Arizona when I was a kid. I'm a sucker for an old dodge. I'll send you some more pics as I get closer on it. By the end of summer it should be up 8" on 37" camper shell roof top tent and awning with winch on both ends.
Ive run many lifts on my truck. Including the 8". My personal opinion its a handfull to keep on the road with the 8" i currently run a 4" and 35s and it has been the best combination yet. And theres enough room for 37s if your set on that size..

CHavins

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Juniata, NE, USA
First Name
Carlton
Last Name
Havins
Member #

Ive run many lifts on my truck. Including the 8". My personal opinion its a handfull to keep on the road with the 8" i currently run a 4" and 35s and it has been the best combination yet. And theres enough room for 37s if your set on that size..
There is a shop on ramcharger central forum, jungle HD, he makes all the mounts for me to put gm 52" springs up front and 56" springs in the rear. I have the 37's already so I think that's what I'll go with. I wanted enough room to articulate with 37's without cutting too much out of the fenders. The longer springs make it a lot more flexible and give it more travel. I have a long way to go but I'm shooting to be done with the mechanical part of the build by summer. Lockers spool axle shafts, things like that. Then I'll start getting set up on the roof top tent, and the 70 degree canopy.

kaine ellis

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Monticello, GA, USA
First Name
kaine
Last Name
ellis
Member #

There is a shop on ramcharger central forum, jungle HD, he makes all the mounts for me to put gm 52" springs up front and 56" springs in the rear. I have the 37's already so I think that's what I'll go with. I wanted enough room to articulate with 37's without cutting too much out of the fenders. The longer springs make it a lot more flexible and give it more travel. I have a long way to go but I'm shooting to be done with the mechanical part of the build by summer. Lockers spool axle shafts, things like that. Then I'll start getting set up on the roof top tent, and the 70 degree canopy.
Yea i ran the jungle setup on another ramcharger i had. They work amazingly. Bighest issue i had with the gm springs is the rear would wrap really bad even with a new set. I eventually went with a set of 4" ramcharger springs and a shackle flip rear and man it rode like a dream and articulated about the same. And i ended up with 7 1/2" of lift rear and 8 1/4 front. It was definatly big.. my current set up will perform almost as well and stay lower to the ground. Thats my main reason with this lift. Low chassis and high diff clearance is the key
So biggest tire you can with small lift makes it not tip as easy.lol. but the jungle system is definatly a good investment