Rank III

Enthusiast I

Inglewood, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Long
Member #

New member here about to start a build on my 2011 Nissan frontier. Purchase the vehicle new and it's taken me this long to start down this path. Been planning my build now for approximately a month and a half. Probably will end up having 1 million questions. Happy to be part of the group. Unfortunately the truck no longer looks this new, but maybe that's a good thing?

IMG_0930 (1).jpeg

Maedge

Rank III

Member III

Washington, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Etheredge
Member #

Hey Kevin, it’s nice to meet you! I’m new as well. My wife use to have the Nissan Frontier before we went to Germany for three years. I had no idea how much I would miss having a truck available. I just got my first truck ever just a few months ago - I’m looking to turn it into my overland/daily driver as well. I can’t wait to see some of the things you end up doing to your rig!

Reactions: Kvocal

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Welcome! Lot of Nissan's hitting the game lately it seems which is cool! I feel like Nissan is the just as capable but doesn't cost as much Toyota, lol.

Kvocal

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Inglewood, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Long
Member #

Hey Kevin, it’s nice to meet you! I’m new as well. My wife use to have the Nissan Frontier before we went to Germany for three years. I had no idea how much I would miss having a truck available. I just got my first truck ever just a few months ago - I’m looking to turn it into my overland/daily driver as well. I can’t wait to see some of the things you end up doing to your rig!
Thanks for dropping by and saying hello. Would like to welcome you as well. I just purchased an EV Tesla Model 3 so I'm surprised that I am even venturing back into the gasoline world. I figured with the fuel savings from the new car I'll put that money into an overland rig. Keep in touch, would love to see what you're doing to your vehicle.

Kvocal

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Inglewood, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Long
Member #

Welcome! Lot of Nissan's hitting the game lately it seems which is cool! I feel like Nissan is the just as capable but doesn't cost as much Toyota, lol.
You're going to get nothing but agreement on that point. It's taken me this long to do what I plan to do back in 2011. But like they say there's no time like the present.

Reactions: Maverick9110E

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here about to start a build on my 2011 Nissan frontier. Purchase the vehicle new and it's taken me this long to start down this path. Been planning my build now for approximately a month and a half. Probably will end up having 1 million questions. Happy to be part of the group. Unfortunately the truck no longer looks this new, but maybe that's a good thing?

View attachment 164172
Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kvocal

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Inglewood, CA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Long
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC/SD) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
I truly appreciate the welcome and the information. Will be sure to investigate the links provided, thanks again.