Hello overland bound world ! French Defender 90 here ;)

• HTML tutorial

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

Haha yep here he is ! Thanks ;)

The pictures work on my phone not on the computer ... Meh ... Is there a way to post picture directly without having to host them on another website ?

Traveler I

Valencia, Venezuela
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Meléndez
Welcome, from Venezuela.

Hi everyone,

As a fresh member of the community (just received my OB# member !) I'm happy to introduce myself to you guys.

I've been offroading for nearly two years now, since I bought my 1992 Land Rover Defender 90 :

A few bits and pieces added there, few repairs here and now ... The rig is in constant evolution, I saw a overland vehicule thread when scouting the different topics, I already plan on posting here for my future upgrades, and ask a whole lot questions ! :)

I have not had a real overland experience yet, I'm planning to thought. Most of my time is spent on looking on the web how to improve my short wheel base vehicule, even getting a second fuel tank under the car needs to relocate other things... That's a bit why I'm here today joining the community, getting to know some people who do overland and learn from their (your) knowledge ! ;)
For now my experience is limited to week end trips, and the "zone crossing" meetings my 4x4 club organizes (I'm afraid I don't have the vocabulary for that one, I mean the kind of competition where the goal is to get through "doors" symbolised by two sticks in a particular order with as less manuvers as possible).

That's it for now, thanks a lot for accepting me here and special thanks to Corrie and Michael for all their work, I admire what you did by gathering that many overlanders and overland enthousiasts !

I sometimes post some pics on my instagram account, I'll take care to tag #overlandbound from now on ! ;)

Bye

Reactions: Jaws XD

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
Welcome, Chris! I just joined and have to say that's a fantastic looking Land Rover! Greetings from Northern California!

Cheers,
Eric

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

It has been quite a while since I came to the overland bound talk, so, I thought I might start by updating this post a bit !

First thing : The defender is for sale. It kills me but I don't use it anymore since I live in my new rig : a 120 Prado.
If anyone is interested I would love to sell it to someone who will use it and maintain it with passion ...

That said, here is the toy' :

IMG_4635.jpg
IMG_4464.jpg
IMG_4762.jpg

It doesn't flex much for now, I still have a lot of work to do.
For now I just added the 2 inch lift, bigger mud tires, I'm changing the dual battery system the previous owner had, getting the defenders winch on it... I'm already living in it 5 days / week, and the interior configuration is constantly chaging, I just can't get my head around one setup and keep it that way ... I guess others can relate ^_^

Cheers !

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

said to hear that your defender has to go.But i can totally understand the reason why you are going to sell it. I hope you‘ll find somebody that will appreciate the modification you did and is willing to pay for that

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

It has been quite a while since I came to the overland bound talk, so, I thought I might start by updating this post a bit !

First thing : The defender is for sale. It kills me but I don't use it anymore since I live in my new rig : a 120 Prado.
If anyone is interested I would love to sell it to someone who will use it and maintain it with passion ...

That said, here is the toy' :

View attachment 62046
View attachment 62047
View attachment 62048

It doesn't flex much for now, I still have a lot of work to do.
For now I just added the 2 inch lift, bigger mud tires, I'm changing the dual battery system the previous owner had, getting the defenders winch on it... I'm already living in it 5 days / week, and the interior configuration is constantly chaging, I just can't get my head around one setup and keep it that way ... I guess others can relate ^_^

Cheers !
Wow do you still have the defender

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app