Hello overland bound world ! French Defender 90 here ;)

• HTML tutorial

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

Hi everyone,

As a fresh member of the community (just received my OB# member !) I'm happy to introduce myself to you guys.

I've been offroading for nearly two years now, since I bought my 1992 Land Rover Defender 90 :

A few bits and pieces added there, few repairs here and now ... The rig is in constant evolution, I saw a overland vehicule thread when scouting the different topics, I already plan on posting here for my future upgrades, and ask a whole lot questions ! :)

I have not had a real overland experience yet, I'm planning to thought. Most of my time is spent on looking on the web how to improve my short wheel base vehicule, even getting a second fuel tank under the car needs to relocate other things... That's a bit why I'm here today joining the community, getting to know some people who do overland and learn from their (your) knowledge ! ;)
For now my experience is limited to week end trips, and the "zone crossing" meetings my 4x4 club organizes (I'm afraid I don't have the vocabulary for that one, I mean the kind of competition where the goal is to get through "doors" symbolised by two sticks in a particular order with as less manuvers as possible).

That's it for now, thanks a lot for accepting me here and special thanks to Corrie and Michael for all their work, I admire what you did by gathering that many overlanders and overland enthousiasts !

I sometimes post some pics on my instagram account, I'll take care to tag #overlandbound from now on ! ;)

Bye

Last edited:

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi everyone,

As a fresh member of the community (just received my OB# member !) I'm happy to introduce myself to you guys.

I've been offroading for nearly two years now, since I bought my 1992 Land Rover Defender 90 :

A few bits and pieces added there, few repairs here and now ... The rig is in constant evolution, I saw a overland vehicule thread when scouting the different topics, I already plan on posting here for my future upgrades, and ask a whole lot questions ! :)

I did not had a real overland experience yet, I'm planning to thought. Most of my time is spent on looking on the web how to improve my short wheel base vehicule, even getting a second fuel tank under the car needs to relocate other things... That's a bit why I'm hear today joining the community, getting to know some people who do overland and learn from their (your) knowledge ! ;)
For now my experience is limited to week end trips, and the "zone crossing" meetings my 4x4 club organizes (I'm afraid I don't have the vocabulary for that one, I mean the kind of competition where the goal is to get through "doors" symbolised by two sticks in a particular order with as less manuvers as possible).

That's it for now, thanks a lot for accepting me here and special thanks to Corrie and Michael for all their work, I admire what you did by gathering that many overlanders and overland enthousiasts !

I sometimes post some pics on my instagram account, I'll take care to tag #overlandbound as now on ! ;)

Bye
Hi Chris and welcome to OB! Nice looking Land Rover! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks Jake, I hope Jades engine rebuild is going fine, last time I saw her in a video she leaked more than a Land rover ! Can't wait to see her on the road again ;)
Hey Chris! Jade's engine rebuild is almost completed and she'll be back on the road very soon. Update video coming very soon! Thank you so much for your support and following my journey!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone,

I did not had a real overland experience yet, I'm planning to thought. Most of my time is spent on looking on the web how to improve my short wheel base vehicule, even getting a second fuel tank under the car needs to relocate other things... That's a bit why I'm hear today joining the community, getting to know some people who do overland and learn from their (your) knowledge ! ;)

I sometimes post some pics on my instagram account, I'll take care to tag #overlandbound as now on ! ;)

Bye
Hello Chris and welcome to the OB crew..great Rover and set up...looking forward to seeing your adventures

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. Love the Defender, drove a 110 in Africa for a bit. Great rigs!

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

Thanks ! I still need to do a lot on it but it have to say I’m pretty pleased with how it goes :D

In the wait of my next little trip I’ll continue to explore the enormous amout if info there is on this forum :o

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant OB Talk

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

Hey Phil ! I'm in Besançon, so at about 300km from Konstanz, on the other side of switzerland in fact !
It could be nice to meet some day :)

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Welcome from Arizona, USA. Your Defender 90 looks super fun!

Chris.n.world

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Juillac, Gironde, France
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Fou
Member #

Thank you @brien ! It is really fun, I do need to work on the suspension a bit more, I'd love to get a few more inches of articulation :D

I'm just realising I forgot to introduce an important part of the crew ! So here is Loky, my belgian sheperd malinois :

Never far away from his loved defender ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: brien

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the Sierra Foothills in California and welcome to OLB, hope we can get some pictures of your adventures.

Reactions: Chris.n.world

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Your image links didn't work, @Chris.n.world, but i think i found Loky on your instagram :D