Rank I

Contributor III

BC, Canada
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Senko
Hey all!

I am a new overlander/4x4 driver but extremely excited to get out there and experience our beautiful part of the world. Live in the LMD area, but have taken the Jeep out to a few great spots already and have met a bunch of awesome people. Just reading through some of these posts, and it is so exciting to see how much thought and interest goes into this - glad to see my obsession has a home.

Looking forward to interacting with you all!
J

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey all!

I am a new overlander/4x4 driver but extremely excited to get out there and experience our beautiful part of the world. Live in the LMD area, but have taken the Jeep out to a few great spots already and have met a bunch of awesome people. Just reading through some of these posts, and it is so exciting to see how much thought and interest goes into this - glad to see my obsession has a home.

J
Hey Jeremy, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to Overland Bound (and to overlanding and driving a 4x4)! Getting out there is a great way to learn!

I bought my first 4x4 (a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon) almost a year ago and it all was brand new to me too, but learned some things from experienced off-roaders on YouTube and took a day class to learn some skills and just got out there on some trails and off-road parks and started to learn my rig and gain experience and confidence. Definitely a wealth of knowledge to be learned here on Overland Bound too.

What kind of Jeep do you have?

jsdesign

Rank I

Contributor III

BC, Canada
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Senko
Hey all!

J
Hey Jeremy, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to Overland Bound (and to overlanding and driving a 4x4)! Getting out there is a great way to learn!

I bought my first 4x4 (a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon) almost a year ago and it all was brand new to me too, but learned some things from experienced off-roaders on YouTube and took a day class to learn some skills and just got out there on some trails and off-road parks and started to learn my rig and gain experience and confidence. Definitely a wealth of knowledge to be learned here on Overland Bound too.

Good to meet you Jared, and that’s amazing! It is exactly what I’m hoping to do.
I just bought a 23 wrangler JL (Sahara 4D) in Sarge Green (which I love). Needed the extra space for kids and dogs as they come out with me quite a bit. Plan on taking care of it for a long time to come and get some excessive miles under its belt.

For the class you signed up for, who was that through?

Reactions: JaredThomsen

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hey all!

J

Good to meet you Jared, and that’s amazing! It is exactly what I’m hoping to do.
I just bought a 23 wrangler JL (Sahara 4D) in Sarge Green (which I love). Needed the extra space for kids and dogs as they come out with me quite a bit. Plan on taking care of it for a long time to come and get some excessive miles under its belt.

Good to meet you too, and congratulations on the new Wrangler, very cool!

Yeah, the 4 door is much more spacious and my wife will sometimes tell me how I should’ve gotten a 4 door instead of a 2 door - but our kids are older and don’t ever want to go on any off-roading adventures with us, so our dogs have the back seat to themselves.

The class was a “skillz day” put on by a company called Metal Cloak (check them out if you plan to do any upgrades/modifications to your rig) at an off-road park outside of Sacramento in Northern California about an hour and a half from where I live. It was geared towards beginner Jeepers which was cool too.

Maybe there are some off-road/4x4 training courses up near where you live?

jsdesign

Rank I

Contributor III

BC, Canada
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Senko
Hey all!

J

Good to meet you too, and congratulations on the new Wrangler, very cool!

Yeah, the 4 door is much more spacious and my wife will sometimes tell me how I should’ve gotten a 4 door instead of a 2 door - but our kids are older and don’t ever want to go on any off-roading adventures with us, so our dogs have the back seat to themselves.

The class was a “skillz day” put on by a company called Metal Cloak (check them out if you plan to do any upgrades/modifications to your rig) at an off-road park outside of Sacramento in Northern California about an hour and a half from where I live. It was geared towards beginner Jeepers which was cool too.

Maybe there are some off-road/4x4 training courses up near where you live?
Haha I love that - my two boys are still young enough that they are stuck adventuring with us. I think we make it pretty fun and educational for them, they don’t complain too much.

And that’s fantastic on the course, after you mentioned it I looked it up locally and we actually do have some options here coming up in the summer, so I’m going to register. Also looking at heading to the Northwest Overlanding Expo just outside of Seattle as it’s close to me and I saw there’s some great clinics there too.

Maybe we’ll see you around some time!

Reactions: JaredThomsen

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Hey all!

J
Welcome, Jeremy!