Hello, new member from Sweden

• HTML tutorial

Polarbear

Rank 0

Traveler I

Helsingborg, Sverige
Ham/GMRS Callsign
PB69
A05824FA-C7B7-4EC6-8E85-24B34C471E11.jpeg 7714BB68-30B5-4489-A9E7-E0919D60F963.jpeg Hello everyone!

I’m a 49 year old man from Helsingborg, Sweden.
I have been a dedicated adventurebiker since I was 16 years old.
Unfortunately I had a severe motorcycle accident in may -16 which almost killed me.
I met a car that was hidden in a curve and came from the opposite direction and i fronted it and flew 30 yards (28 meters) true the air and landed on a field.
My spine still has injuries and I walk with a crouch so both motorcycle and bicycle is a no go for me.

If I want to get out Overlanding is the thing for me only I didn’t know about the community until very recently. My car is my legs!

After the accident me and my wife had a son who is 16 months now so while he occupies our lifes I dream and plan for overlanding alone but also with my family.

This summer I am going to show Norway to my wife so we plan to be on the road for a few weeks. I have been all over on bike but she hasn’t barely been anywhere.

We are using our soon to be updated Mitsubishi Outlander 2,4 MIVEC 2008 model.

Cheers!

Ironhide

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

View attachment 82116 View attachment 82117 Hello everyone!

Unfortunately I had a severe motorcycle accident in may -16 which almost killed me.
I met a car that was hidden in a curve and came from the opposite direction and i fronted it and flew 30 yards (28 meters) true the air and landed on a field.
My spine still has injuries and I walk with a crouch so both motorcycle and bicycle is a no go for me.

If I want to get out Overlanding is the thing for me only I didn’t know about the community until very recently. My car is my legs!

After the accident me and my wife had a son who is 16 months now so while he occupies our lifes I dream and plan for overlanding alone but also with my family.

This summer I am going to show Norway to my wife so we plan to be on the road for a few weeks. I have been all over on bike but she hasn’t barely been anywhere.

Cheers!
Welcome to our community!

Reactions: Polarbear

Polarbear

Rank 0

Traveler I

Helsingborg, Sverige
Ham/GMRS Callsign
PB69
Welcome! Glad to see more people from Europe =).
What you going to be updating rig wise?
My cousin who works at swedish company ’Skeppshultsstegen’ which is swedens leading company in aluminiumsolutions is about to build me a set of drawers fitted for the car with a solution where I can unfold a lid on top of one of the drawers and use it as a table.

Car is raised about 3 inches so I think I am going to go with a footstep an the doorlockers to be able to reach things on top of the not yet purchased roof rack. Since we are 3 I’ll stick with one of my 3 tents when alone and are looking for a low budget familytent to use when I’m out with the family, preferably a big one with several rooms. One to sleep in, one for our son to play in and one for dining and just occupy when it’s raining or when the temperaature drops, a room just to escape to. My wife like spaceious tents.

Furthermore the car is mostly about extra equipment as it is used 90% as a daily driver.
My old aluminiumboxes from the bike has a given place on the rooftop tho since they carry all the ’battleworn’ stickers!

Reactions: [DO]Ron

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Cheers!
Hello and welcome to the OB crew ....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. I'm glad you're still with us and that the accident woke up the adventurer in you. Not just in travel but life...congratulations on the new little one . Can't wait to see your trip...welcome to the Family.

Reactions: Polarbear

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your closest Regional Director is @Polaris Overland

Last edited:

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Unfortunate about your accident. However, glad you are still here and able to enjoy the outdoors in another fashion. Enjoy!

Reactions: G.C. Gordon

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Welcome to our family from Laguna Beach, California! Nice to see the Swedish contingent growing!