• HTML tutorial

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Hello all, I'm from Virginia. I have a near stock F150 Supercrew that's leveled with Lockers and the very basic essentials. Mostly for hunting trips, Bear, Elk, White Tail etc. No Overlanding exterior upgrades done yet since I'm starting slow and I dont need much yet. I like to figure out what I really need before I start a full on into a project.

5.4 260hp/350tq@2500
138" wheelbase

The F150 isn't exactly most peoples first choice for overlanding but even in stock form it's traveled through the Mohave, The mountains of Colorado and through the UP of Michigan without fail. From what I keep hearing I should have either went with a mini truck or a 1ton but I'm working with what I like. I'll figure it all out down the road.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello Wolvee,

It is not the truck that does it. It is the mindset that the driver/owner has. If you like a Rig and it does the trick, then that is the Rig for you.
I myself have a two wheel drive T3 vanagon. Raised, with difflock and bigger tyres.
It does the trick for me. The same for my Opel Frontera Sport. Known in the states with the name Isuzu Amigo. Raised, fitted with loads of stuff and does the trick.

I think that if you ask people here what you need, the first thing they will ask would be, what are your plans for the future. And then the advices will come.
And from all the advices you will get, you take what you like. And build your own personal suited Rig out of it.

Good luck and enjoy every moment.

Greetings from Robert

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Sticker cache arrived today. :0)

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Ok. Enlighten me please. The two upper ones I understand. But the other ones, just dont.
Tell me more about those please.

Greetings from Robert

Wolvee

Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Besides Overland Bound, I had also requested stickers from my favorite Linux Pod-casters and they both came in the Post on the same day. I only took one picture with my phone so they all got posted on my Google+ where I'm following them and here for you guys.

Jupiter Broadcasting is the name of their outfit & Women's tech radio is just one of the shows my wife likes. They run a gambit with a half dozen Pod-casts on Linux, Linux news, Politics and coding. They just happened to throw in those *WTR stickers because I told them she watched the show.

I'm an old Nerd with lots of different interests. :blush:

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Welcome to the site Wolvee. Nice F150. I had a 97 F250 HD. it had 96,000 original miles. Sold it last yr. it was my camping, fishing truck. after that I took over our family car.... 97 land cruiser. Now my fishing, camping, overlanding rig :0)
Frisly

D

Deleted member 21788

Nerds make great Overlanders (speaking as one). You don't HAVE to have lots of gadgets...but it's just soo much fun. Welcome!