Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Stockdale
Member #

Quick Hello to everyone!
New guy here. My wife and I just purchased our JL for Christmas. Everything is bone stock, but look forward to getting out and finding our way. Look forward to seeing more folks out on the trail.

Cheers

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome, @Redleg627, to Overland Bound. Congratulations on the new purchase... what a great present that will provide you decades of adventure. Being in Vancouver is just perfect for exploring and getting to know others. The PNW is a hotbed for overlanding activity right now, so you are coming on board at a great time.

The best place to start is by checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your "neighbors". Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. If you are up for a little drive, coming up on January 19th is the Northwest Washington OB Meet and Plan gathering at Fort Casey [link]. The Southwest Washington / Northwest Oregon group is in flux right now, as @OregonViewFinders had to step aside to take care of some personal matters, but you can at least make contact with them [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Quick Hello to everyone!
New guy here. My wife and I just purchased our JL for Christmas. Everything is bone stock, but look forward to getting out and finding our way. Look forward to seeing more folks out on the trail.

Cheers
Hello and welcome PNW neighbor to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Who says Santa won't bring a new 4x4 for Christmas.....

Redleg627

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Walt
Last Name
Stockdale
Member #

Welcome from AZ! Any plans for mods?
Well our JL is also our family DD and 4x4 Grocery Getter, so... no major plans for extreme mods. However right now the focus is to make the JL more comfortable to drive.

My wife and I have been binge watching Youtube videos on mods, adventures, and general Jeep dodah.

First on deck is a Vector Bar for cell phones/GPS/Tablets/Comms. Making electronics easier to see and use. Also adding a rear cargo Weathertech mat for the hound dog to hang out in. Also looking at door extension brackets for the rear doors. Want to make it easier for the boy to get in an out of the JL.

On the "this year" mod list is a roof rack, RTT, lighting, rear gate table, and who knows what else I may need.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Quick Hello to everyone!

Cheers
Welcome to Overland Bound!