First Name
John
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7NEM
Hi everyone,

My name is John, from here in the great NW. I am a retired (after 21 yrs) Air Force Medical Logistician. I now do Search and Rescue as part of my daily life and I incorporate over-landing as a part of it and a basis for some of the gear that I carry. Having a open knowledge of these areas help provide better sustainability while out searching for longer periods of time. I am also a HAM and a EMR.

I believe my knowledge in all areas help the overall end goal. I hope I will be able to talk to a lot of you and not only learn from you all but maybe provide some input to help.

Talk to you all soon

John

Cherni

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Abbotsford, BC
Member #

Hey John!
I got all excited when I saw the title of the post until I realized you're in the other Vancouver! Haha.

Welcome to OB. I am a Paramedic for the Province here in BC and just retired from SAR work, for now anyways. I bet we would have some stories to share around a campfire!

Welcome aboard, glad to have you with your knowledge to help other folks in your areas of expertise.

Cherni

Cherni
@FoxtrotOverland

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Reactions: RainGoat

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is John, from here in the great NW. I am a retired (after 21 yrs) Air Force Medical Logistician. I now do Search and Rescue as part of my daily life and I incorporate over-landing as a part of it and a basis for some of the gear that I carry. Having a open knowledge of these areas help provide better sustainability while out searching for longer periods of time. I am also a HAM and a EMR.

I believe my knowledge in all areas help the overall end goal. I hope I will be able to talk to a lot of you and not only learn from you all but maybe provide some input to help.

Talk to you all soon

John
Hello John and welcome to the OB crew. ..Thank you for your service and sacrifice ...hope to meet you sometime neighbor at a get together or one we plan on our own..

Nemisys

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vancouver, WA
First Name
John
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7NEM
@Cherni Hi back, Love Vancouver BC!! Love Campbell River too. Need to get up there and explore a little more. You bet i have a few SAR stories, even that "Bubba" story....If you know what i mean. Thanks for the Hi and talk to you soon.

Nemisys

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vancouver, WA
First Name
John
Last Name
Root
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7NEM
@Chadlyb Hi!! hows the wine over there doing? Been a little while since ive been to the Tri cities, and yet to get over to WW. I did have a job offer there at the VA when i retired but one here back home came avail. Ended up leaving it, was like going back to the 80s with computer systems.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

@Chadlyb Hi!! hows the wine over there doing? Been a little while since ive been to the Tri cities, and yet to get over to WW. I did have a job offer there at the VA when i retired but one here back home came avail. Ended up leaving it, was like going back to the 80s with computer systems.
More wine than they know what to do with....well if you get the chance to visit just reach out and bring your fishing pole.Fishing derby up the Tucannon starts soon in the Blue Mtns.

Reactions: Nemisys

Bilbo

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MBN
Welcome to the community. I did some SAR for a while up in Snohomish County. Really enjoyed it. Would love to hear about your experience in Clark County.