Matt
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Service Branch
Corpsman of Marines
I'll try to add pictures later.

Couple of rigs in various states of readiness
1. 2003 F-250 6.0 (with all the stuff to make it reliable)
Just a truck... for now...
2. 1995 Land Rover Discovery
Poly Paint, Small Lift, Slightly larger tires, Rack, RTT, ARB front with lights and winch
3. 1993 Land Rover Range Rover LWB
Small lift and slightly larger tires
4. 1991 Toyota LC80
Pretty well stock.

My experience is very limited. Lots of "Overlanding" in the military. Enjoy 4x4 and with the kids getting older want to do this with my wife.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I'll try to add pictures later.

Couple of rigs in various states of readiness
1. 2003 F-250 6.0 (with all the stuff to make it reliable)
Just a truck... for now...
2. 1995 Land Rover Discovery
Poly Paint, Small Lift, Slightly larger tires, Rack, RTT, ARB front with lights and winch
3. 1993 Land Rover Range Rover LWB
Small lift and slightly larger tires
4. 1991 Toyota LC80
Pretty well stock.

My experience is very limited. Lots of "Overlanding" in the military. Enjoy 4x4 and with the kids getting older want to do this with my wife.
Hello, USMCDocJ and welcome to OB! Nice rigs! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Reactions: USMCDocJ

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Welcome from Redmond WA. There are quite a number of us up here-also, you just missed Michael & Corrie up here about a month or two ago. Fun looking selection of vehicles!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: USMCDocJ

USMCDocJ

Rank V

Traveler III

Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Service Branch
Corpsman of Marines
Welcome from Redmond WA. There are quite a number of us up here-also, you just missed Michael & Corrie up here about a month or two ago. Fun looking selection of vehicles!

Thanks for the welcome. Do we have a calendar for events and whatnot in our area?

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Thanks for the welcome. Do we have a calendar for events and whatnot in our area?

Not really is the short answer. The Rally Point/Rally Point Events above is supposed to be for this purpose but it isn't really used all that much since it isn't regionally specific. Often just loose threads will appear like the recent "Overland Loop, Tahuya, WA 9-3-17". Like a lot of things, Portland appears to have a tighter community. I see notifications for Overland Recovery Network (that might not be quite right) on FaceBook as well. A fair number of people go out with clubs. While often Manufacturer based Imknow a guy with an R50 Pathfinder who wheels with a Samurai group so it's usually pretty inclusive.

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

FYI, I just learned that the NW Offroad Expo will be Sept 23rd at Thomas Family Farm. The flavor looks different than the NW Overland Rally (which I really enjoyed) but it is much cheaper and I'm going to go check it out.