Rank II

Traveler III

Oxnard, California, United States
First Name
PierreOrly
Last Name
Dupont
Member #

I own a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and live in Bakersfield, CA. I attended a Jeep Jamboree last September and am slowly starting to upgrade my Jeep with better tires, reinforced skid plates and hidden winch mount.
I hear there may be a group in Bakersfield who meets regularly. If there is anyone in the area who'd like to get together for a little off-roading, feel free to message me.
Cheers!

jrlombard

Rank V

Advocate II

Laurel, MD, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Lombard
Member #

Howdy, Xenolith. Welcome! I'm on the East Coast now, but grew up in Visalia, not too far up hwy 99 from Bako. I'm fairly new here myself, but have found that there's a wealth of knowledge and experience to tap into as you get your feet wet. Enjoy!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
I own a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and live in Bakersfield, CA. I attended a Jeep Jamboree last September and am slowly starting to upgrade my Jeep with better tires, reinforced skid plates and hidden winch mount.
I hear there may be a group in Bakersfield who meets regularly. If there is anyone in the area who'd like to get together for a little off-roading, feel free to message me.
Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Don't hesitate to message me, your Regional Director, @Narbob if you have any questions.

You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a great meet-up in Bakersfield

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.

Reactions: Xenolith

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Cheers!
The Bakersfield meet-up does occasionally meet, you can contact @Troy Carroll who organized the meet-ups to see if anything will be happening soon.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Online Courses - Tread Lightly
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Check out Overland Expo https://www.OverlandExpo.com
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com

Michael Golden

Rank VI

Explorer I

Tampa Fl
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Golden
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG4BCN
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Cheers!
Welcome to the Overland Bound Community. Glad you could join us.

Xenolith

Rank II

Traveler III

First Name
PierreOrly
Last Name
Dupont
Member #

Howdy, Xenolith. Welcome! I'm on the East Coast now, but grew up in Visalia, not too far up hwy 99 from Bako. I'm fairly new here myself, but have found that there's a wealth of knowledge and experience to tap into as you get your feet wet. Enjoy!
Thank you! I've been through Visalia a few times. Nice little town. I agree, looks like a good wealth of resources.

Reactions: jrlombard

Xenolith

Rank II

Traveler III

First Name
PierreOrly
Last Name
Dupont
Member #

The Bakersfield meet-up does occasionally meet, you can contact @Troy Carroll who organized the meet-ups to see if anything will be happening soon.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information.
You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members.
RESOURCE MAP
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
If you have any questions don't hesitate to message me, hopefully I can get you going in the right direction. @Kent R or Kent@OverlandBound.com
Thank you for the welcome and the information. I'll reach to Troy for any upcoming meet-ups.

Xenolith

Rank II

Traveler III

First Name
PierreOrly
Last Name
Dupont
Member #

Don't hesitate to message me, your Regional Director, @Narbob if you have any questions.

You can use the Member Map to find other members and events in your area. You can also send a message directly from the map to other members. There is a great meet-up in Bakersfield

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip
Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Thank you Mr. Director. I'm starting to get familiar with the website. It was very overwhelming at first without knowing where to click.
Talk to you soon.

Shahn

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger I

Snohomish County, WA, USA
First Name
Shahn
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS - WRQD549
Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Troy Carroll

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bakersfield, CA
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Cheers!
RESOURCE MAP
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
@Xenolith,
Welcome! We do get together on a fairly regular basis. We tend to meet up on the 3 Sunday of the month and are just, within the last couple of months, starting to knock the covid dust off of everything. Feel free to message me your number if you would like to be added to our text thread. I look forward to meeting you!
Troy