• HTML tutorial

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Hello Overland Bound members!!

I'm Daniel Diaz, I currently reside in S. Texas and new to the overland world. I just recently purchased a 2017 JKU Rubicon and currently converting to an overland vehicle. More specifically a camp kitchen Jeep. Being a foodie and amateur cook, it felt fitting to eat well at beautiful off-road destinations.

Look forward to meeting OB members and going on some amazing trips!! Cheers!!

Last edited:

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Welcome from Austin, TX. We have a lot of Texans in the OB community.
Thanks Jeff!!

I was just looking through the Southwest Region of the forums and came across your thread about possible monthly meet ups in SA? Did you get those up and going? I'm in SA at least once/twice a month, maybe I can schedule my trips around the OB meet up dates.

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
I was hoping to get some more interest. Might do what we did in Austin, and just plug in a day. Once it's on the calendar, people will be more interested. We do a meeting North of Austin on the second Saturday of the Month. Make sure you get on the members map. I will send an update to everyone in the San Antonio area. Where do you live?

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army

I'm Daniel Diaz, I currently reside in S. Texas and new to the overland world. I just recently purchased a 2017 JKU Rubicon and currently converting to an overland vehicle. More specifically a camp kitchen Jeep. Being a foodie and amateur cook, it felt fitting to eat well at beautiful off-road destinations.

The RGV is on my short list. Like Feb/Mar short list. May be reaching out to you soon for some intel...

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

I was hoping to get some more interest. Might do what we did in Austin, and just plug in a day. Once it's on the calendar, people will be more interested. We do a meeting North of Austin on the second Saturday of the Month. Make sure you get on the members map. I will send an update to everyone in the San Antonio area. Where do you live?
Sounds awesome, I'll checkout the map and see what I can do!! I only visit SA once or twice a month, but live in Harlingen. It's in the RGV (Rio Grande Valley). Even if the radius doesn't reach me for an invite, I can just find the post and RSVP that way.

Reactions: Jeff Graham

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey Daniel - welcome to Overland Bound! We're a motley bunch of rag-tag dirt guys. . . no, not really, a lot of diversity here and I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms, especially if you love to cook.

A camp kitchen Jeep, eh? That's awesome; I've been talking up getting a gathering together primarily around cooking, cooking gear, and trying out a variety of off-the-grid type recipes. All kinds of stoves, burners, grills, campfires, etc going everywhere with a whole mess of food being prepared and cooked, from cowboy beans and coffee to trail mix/energy foods to fish to meats, veggies, the works, topped off by favorite camping deserts. I myself have a slew of different cooking gear and would love to see what everyone else uses, too.

RGV, eh? I've worked and stayed in McAllen a number of times over the last decade, and love me some Delia's Tamales. I buy up a bunch frozen and haul 'em home. If you're up for helping plan a cookingfest/rally, or would like just to get-together for coffee or a beer or a run around the area, I'll let you know when I'm down that way again. Heading to El Paso from Maine, tomorrow, but doubt I'll be getting too much further south this trip. Too many stops to make.

Reactions: Daniel Diaz

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Hey Daniel - welcome to Overland Bound! We're a motley bunch of rag-tag dirt guys. . . no, not really, a lot of diversity here and I'm sure you'll be welcomed with open arms, especially if you love to cook.

A camp kitchen Jeep, eh? That's awesome; I've been talking up getting a gathering together primarily around cooking, cooking gear, and trying out a variety of off-the-grid type recipes. All kinds of stoves, burners, grills, campfires, etc going everywhere with a whole mess of food being prepared and cooked, from cowboy beans and coffee to trail mix/energy foods to fish to meats, veggies, the works, topped off by favorite camping deserts. I myself have a slew of different cooking gear and would love to see what everyone else uses, too.

RGV, eh? I've worked and stayed in McAllen a number of times over the last decade, and love me some Delia's Tamales. I buy up a bunch frozen and haul 'em home. If you're up for helping plan a cookingfest/rally, or would like just to get-together for coffee or a beer or a run around the area, I'll let you know when I'm down that way again. Heading to El Paso from Maine, tomorrow, but doubt I'll be getting too much further south this trip. Too many stops to make.
Hey Road!!

I'm an avid camper/hiker, so naturally I've collected all sorts of camp kitchen gear throughout the years; buying and trading all sorts of burners, pots, pans, etc. I'm going to use the stuff I already have, but storage is really the key issue for me. Looking at various companies that offer drawers, sliders, and racks, but finding the "best bang for the buck" has been difficult. I have come across a few interesting items that will save me some cargo space, like a spare tire grill and folding tailgate table with full size cutting board.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/camp-kitchen/front-runner-spare-tire-mount-braai-bbq-grate.html

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/chairs-tables/drop-down-table-mk11.html

McAllen is just a hop and skip away, love visiting for the food!! And yes, Delia's Tamales are awesome!! Spicy pork all the way!! I'm just getting my "feet wet" with this whole OB thing, but once I get the hang of it, I think a cooking fest/rally would be awesome!! Rigs and outdoor cooking sound like an amazing time!! Absolutely Road, let me know when you're down this way and maybe we can get something going, I'd love that. Cheers!!

Reactions: Road

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Welcome Daniel, good to see someone else from South Texas I'm from Alice not to far away from you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using OB Talk mobile app
Hey Mando!!

That's awesome!! Sent a "Follow" your way, hope we can get together sometime and wheel around. I frequent the Island (S. Padre) all the time and drive up to find new spots to hangout and explore on the north end.

Reactions: Mando147

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey Road!!

I'm an avid camper/hiker, so naturally I've collected all sorts of camp kitchen gear throughout the years; buying and trading all sorts of burners, pots, pans, etc. I'm going to use the stuff I already have, but storage is really the key issue for me. Looking at various companies that offer drawers, sliders, and racks, but finding the "best bang for the buck" has been difficult. I have come across a few interesting items that will save me some cargo space, like a spare tire grill and folding tailgate table with full size cutting board.

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/camp-kitchen/front-runner-spare-tire-mount-braai-bbq-grate.html

https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.com/en/us/camping-gear/chairs-tables/drop-down-table-mk11.html

McAllen is just a hop and skip away, love visiting for the food!! And yes, Delia's Tamales are awesome!! Spicy pork all the way!! I'm just getting my "feet wet" with this whole OB thing, but once I get the hang of it, I think a cooking fest/rally would be awesome!! Rigs and outdoor cooking sound like an amazing time!! Absolutely Road, let me know when you're down this way and maybe we can get something going, I'd love that. Cheers!!
Cool, I've put you down on my list of fellow enthusiasts in various areas to keep in mind when I'm nearby, and think we could do some brainstorming on what a cooking/camping rally could look like. Might be next Spring, or who knows, before I'm down that way, but I'm definitely keeping this idea alive.

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Cool, I've put you down on my list of fellow enthusiasts in various areas to keep in mind when I'm nearby, and think we could do some brainstorming on what a cooking/camping rally could look like. Might be next Spring, or who knows, before I'm down that way, but I'm definitely keeping this idea alive.
I appreciate that, sounds like a plan!! I have various resources and favors I can tap into for something like this. Like you said, let's keep it alive!!

Reactions: Road

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hey, Daniel and welcome to OB! Nice rig! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!

Daniel Diaz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Harlingen, Texas
Member #

Welcome !
Thank you Luis!! Such a cool rig BTW!!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of storage bins do you have in that roof rack? I'm currently shopping for rugged bins, so many brands, so many to choose from.... Would love to know what you're working with. Thank you and cheers!!