Hello from the Pacific NorthWET!

• HTML tutorial

MMPaull

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Greetings from Seattle, WA. Mike and Aillene here. Just took delivery of our 2nd Sportsmobile, 2500 Series Diesel Sprinter 4x4, 170WB, High Roof. Bought our first one in 2007. Had a Hummer H1 before that (mid-life crisis, forgive me). Also have four adventure touring sidecars, all BMWs, two here at home, a third stored in Germany, and the last in Japan.

smb3.jpg smb2.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Seattle, WA. Mike and Aillene here. Just took delivery of our 2nd Sportsmobile, 2500 Series Diesel Sprinter 4x4, 170WB, High Roof. Bought our first one in 2007. Had a Hummer H1 before that (mid-life crisis, forgive me). Also have four adventure touring sidecars, all BMWs, two here at home, a third stored in Germany, and the last in Japan.

View attachment 85816 View attachment 85815
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region” section of the forum toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Reactions: MMPaull

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. Cool looking rig. Looking forward to hearing about the sidecar setups!

Last edited:

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI

Welcome to Overland Bound, @MMPaull, from up North in Whatcom County where it is even more NorthWET! That is one awesome looking Sportsmobile and it sounds like you are well versed on how to put it to good use. The US NorthWest region of Overland Bound is glad to have you in our community. To find out more about what is going on in this area you can check out the regional forum [link]. As events are planned, they are usually put up on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to keep an eye on that as well.

Anyway, I look forward to getting a chance to meet you in person and share some awesome experiences and stories. If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Mike & Aillene , welcome to the OB crew. Great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Absolutely love the bikes. If you're ever in the central Oregon area just reach out my PNW neighbor.

MMPaull

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Absolutely love the bikes. If you're ever in the central Oregon area just reach out my PNW neighbor.
Thanks for the kind invite. may take you up on that someday. Have other friends in your area! I'm surprised at the dearth of 2-wheel and 3-wheel adventure bikes/sidecars here, though of course those forums are well represented elsewhere.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Hi Mike,
Did we meet years ago in Bellingham back when you had your Hummer? I'm still driving and overlanding in my 1996 Hummer.
Cheers,
-Matt

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Hey Matt, indeed we did! Perhaps when we had our carvan lined up at the Alaska Ferry System terminal for our Alaska tour?
Yup, that was it. Good to bump into you again. Maybe we'll see each other on the trail one of these days. Do you ever get over to the Olympic Peninsula or up into BC?
-Matt