Hello from the Motor City!

• HTML tutorial

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
Hey all, I came across this site a while ago and have lurked for a bit. I decided to sign up as a way to document my newest build. I'm from the Detroit area and have owned 4x4s ever since I could drive. I had been into offroading but a few years ago, I got a '97 FZJ80 from a friend of mine. I got into camping out of my truck with that rig and I wanted to explore Michigan and eventually out west. Last year, I picked up a '67 Jeep M715 and I've decided to make it into my dream overlanding rig (especially after selling my 80 :sleepy:)! I'll be posting a build thread to document my progress. I'm excited to build it up and start exploring with it!

The old rig. I miss her

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Hey all, I came across this site a while ago and have lurked for a bit. I decided to sign up as a way to document my newest build. I'm from the Detroit area and have owned 4x4s ever since I could drive. I had been into offroading but a few years ago, I got a '97 FZJ80 from a friend of mine. I got into camping out of my truck with that rig and I wanted to explore Michigan and eventually out west. Last year, I picked up a '67 Jeep M715 and I've decided to make it into my dream overlanding rig (especially after selling my 80 :sleepy:)! I'll be posting a build thread to document my progress. I'm excited to build it up and start exploring with it!

The old rig. I miss her

Sorry you got rid of your 80 and miss it, but yeah man, this '67 is too wicked cool to not want to make it into your dream vehicle. Very cool, and I'm sure a lot of folks here will be eager to follow a thread documenting what you do to it.

And, welcome to OB, by the way!

joe.schigel

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Detroit, MI
Sorry you got rid of your 80 and miss it, but yeah man, this '67 is too wicked cool to not want to make it into your dream vehicle. Very cool, and I'm sure a lot of folks here will be eager to follow a thread documenting what you do to it.

And, welcome to OB, by the way!
Thanks for the warm welcome! yeah, I hope the 715 makes up for the 80

Reactions: Road

Ripley1046

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manitowoc, WI
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Ripley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9VKY
The 80 is cool, and actually something I want to get in the next year or so, but man does that Jeep have some style. I can't wait to see where it goes as you build. Welcome to the forum from WI.

Reactions: joe.schigel