Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stockholm, Sweden
First Name
Kristoffer
Last Name
Sundlin
Member #

Hi, my name is Kris! I'm new to the community but I've been into overland vehicles for a long time. I'm now finalizing my first real purpose build truck - a 1987 AM General Humvee with a create GM LS3 6.2L, Raptor Tan Bedliner paint, rood tent and much, much more. Looking forward to dive deep into this forum! Cheers!

IMG_1085.JPG humvee2.jpg humvee3.jpg

Last edited:

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi, my name is Kris! I'm new to the community but I've been into overland vehicles for a long time. I'm now finalizing my first real purpose build truck - a 1987 AM General Humvee with a create GM LS3 6.2L, Raptor Tan Bedliner paint, rood tent and much, much more. Looking forward to dive deep into this forum! Cheers!

View attachment 85453 View attachment 85454 View attachment 85455
Hello Kris and welcome to the OB crew....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Great setup.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hello Kris. Memories .....What model is the HMMWV ...M998? Is the paint the original CARC? What cool looking Rig Buddy!!

Overland_Humvee

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stockholm, Sweden
First Name
Kristoffer
Last Name
Sundlin
Member #

Hello Kris. Memories .....What model is the HMMWV ...M998? Is the paint the original CARC? What cool looking Rig Buddy!!
Hi, yes it's the M998 and the car war originally green camo CARC but the owner before me did a frame off restoration (except the engine) and painted the car in an ugly after market gloss tan color. I added the slantback and re-painted the entire car, inside and out in a tan flat Raptor Bedliner (see pic).IMG_3468.JPG

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas. What a fun looking vehicle build! I'm guessing you should be able to get just about anywhere in it.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

Your closest Director right now is @Polaris Overland. So if you need anything just message him on the forum.

And yes as people are saying that is quite the beast. Good luck with the build.