Hello from SD, CA!

• HTML tutorial

CJRK

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Non-Overland) with all factory options. Only options that don't work are the heated seats at current and I converted the rear CD changer into a safety bin. 125K and still running strong. No lift or suspension modifications at present. Biggest mod for overlanding/living in the southern coastal desert is the creation of a modular awning I created myself.

Future mods might include a mild 2-3 inch lift, upgraded track bar, 31 inch tires, rocker guards/upgraded skids - the usual $2 to $3K basics for getting out there properly and not getting into tooo much trouble.

No overlanding experience, but over 15 years of offroad, rockcrawling, trails experience. I grew up on a farm, so 4-wheeling is in my blood. Things started with a '89 Bronco II, then progressed to Jeep Cherokees (3 of them!) and then onto Grand Cherokees (smoother ride, V8, creature comforts for wife, and Vari-Loks) Hopefully looking at upgrading to a Power Wagon or similar Ram truck in the future as my family and I are rapidly outgrowing the Jeep. Camping involves bringing waaaay to much stuff for 4 people, so a rig with more capacity is in order.

I look forward to learning and sharing, as I make a lot of stuff myself and enjoy the challenge of customizing my things. I have a few places on my bucket list that I would love to travel to off-highway (South America being the biggest at present).

Best Regards,

Coullt

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Non-Overland) with all factory options. Only options that don't work are the heated seats at current and I converted the rear CD changer into a safety bin. 125K and still running strong. No lift or suspension modifications at present. Biggest mod for overlanding/living in the southern coastal desert is the creation of a modular awning I created myself.

Future mods might include a mild 2-3 inch lift, upgraded track bar, 31 inch tires, rocker guards/upgraded skids - the usual $2 to $3K basics for getting out there properly and not getting into tooo much trouble.

No overlanding experience, but over 15 years of offroad, rockcrawling, trails experience. I grew up on a farm, so 4-wheeling is in my blood. Things started with a '89 Bronco II, then progressed to Jeep Cherokees (3 of them!) and then onto Grand Cherokees (smoother ride, V8, creature comforts for wife, and Vari-Loks) Hopefully looking at upgrading to a Power Wagon or similar Ram truck in the future as my family and I are rapidly outgrowing the Jeep. Camping involves bringing waaaay to much stuff for 4 people, so a rig with more capacity is in order.

I look forward to learning and sharing, as I make a lot of stuff myself and enjoy the challenge of customizing my things. I have a few places on my bucket list that I would love to travel to off-highway (South America being the biggest at present).

Best Regards,

Coullt
Hi Coullt and welcome to OB! Nice looking rig! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!