Hello from San Jose, CA

• HTML tutorial

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Hello, my name's Jason aka Sparky writing to you all from the South Bay. My friend first told me about this community over a year ago when he was planning a Prudhoe Bay trip, he's a member here but isn't on the forum much. This site looks like a really valuable way to collaborate and share ideas so I'm psyched to join and hopefully make some new friends. Can anyone confirm for me that in order to access all content here that I'll need to pick up a medallion?

Quick background if anyone is interested, I've been into camping, backpacking, and offroading for years so the overlanding concept is kind of a natural fit. I've owned and worked on a number of vehicles over the years, from Jeeps and Toyota's to Rover's. I'm currently in a 2016 4Runner and a 1997 Land Cruiser (FZJ80). I'm active on the T4R and IH8MUD forums as well if anybody's over there. I'm always down to meet up and route-plan or lend a hand with vehicle mods, I'm not a professional but I've had quite a bit of suspension and electronics experience over the years. Sometimes you just need another pair of hands too, I know I've been there plenty of times.

Thanks everyone, here's a few obligatory vehicle shots to make this post more interesting.

IMG_8150.JPG

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

I forget what I was doing in this last one, whatever it was it was a 2x Snapple job.
IMG_8147.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello, my name's Jason aka Sparky writing to you all from the South Bay. My friend first told me about this community over a year ago when he was planning a Prudhoe Bay trip, he's a member here but isn't on the forum much. This site looks like a really valuable way to collaborate and share ideas so I'm psyched to join and hopefully make some new friends. Can anyone confirm for me that in order to access all content here that I'll need to pick up a medallion?

Quick background if anyone is interested, I've been into camping, backpacking, and offroading for years so the overlanding concept is kind of a natural fit. I've owned and worked on a number of vehicles over the years, from Jeeps and Toyota's to Rover's. I'm currently in a 2016 4Runner and a 1997 Land Cruiser (FZJ80). I'm active on the T4R and IH8MUD forums as well if anybody's over there. I'm always down to meet up and route-plan or lend a hand with vehicle mods, I'm not a professional but I've had quite a bit of suspension and electronics experience over the years. Sometimes you just need another pair of hands too, I know I've been there plenty of times.

Thanks everyone, here's a few obligatory vehicle shots to make this post more interesting.

View attachment 36254

View attachment 36255

I forget what I was doing in this last one, whatever it was it was a 2x Snapple job.
View attachment 36256
Hello Jason and welcome to the OB crew..great looking rig and look forward to you sharing your build and adventures

Reactions: Sparky

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 36254

View attachment 36255

View attachment 36256
Hi Jason and welcome to OB! Nice looking 4Runner! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

John D.

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

porterville, ca
First Name
John
Last Name
Duffy
Member #

View attachment 36254

View attachment 36255

View attachment 36256
Welcome Sparky.