Hello from San Carlos, CA!

• HTML tutorial

rioga74

Rank 0

Traveler I

I joined OB last year after treating myself to a vehicle I’ve wanted and coveted since high school. They say life happens when you’re making plans. Family, school, and work always came first in the hierarchy of priorities. Was contemplating getting my coveted 4Runner and then divorce happens and I end up a single Dad w 2 kids. Life has once again changed and I’ve got my elusive unicorn. Now I’d like to start over landing to be outdoors and enjoy a taste of freedom from the daily grind. Anyone and everyone, besides just getting out there and exploring, what do I need to do to prep my 4Runner for a comfortable and safe trip? Where can I go to start semi slow and no wreck my baby? I live in the Bay Area along the peninsula, and I’m ready to meet up w a group of like minded newbies like myself.

PS, love backpacking but my back isn’t as young as it used to be.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Welcome aboard! Getting out and exploring is the best way to get away from the daily grind, perhaps the only way to keep one's sanity! Look forward to reading about what you and your "unicorn" are up to!

rioga74

Rank 0

Traveler I

Yes! Touché! Yes we do! Just put on some rock sliders, going to change the internal bulbs to LED, and I just received my roof rack from Frontrunner. 3/4 length slimline II. Building up slowly!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I joined OB last year after treating myself to a vehicle I’ve wanted and coveted since high school. They say life happens when you’re making plans. Family, school, and work always came first in the hierarchy of priorities. Was contemplating getting my coveted 4Runner and then divorce happens and I end up a single Dad w 2 kids. Life has once again changed and I’ve got my elusive unicorn. Now I’d like to start over landing to be outdoors and enjoy a taste of freedom from the daily grind. Anyone and everyone, besides just getting out there and exploring, what do I need to do to prep my 4Runner for a comfortable and safe trip? Where can I go to start semi slow and no wreck my baby? I live in the Bay Area along the peninsula, and I’m ready to meet up w a group of like minded newbies like myself.

PS, love backpacking but my back isn’t as young as it used to be.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R