Member I

Lathrop, CA, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

Hey Guys,

I reside in the heart of Sacramento. I am finishing up my bachelors in Biology and going to work in construction. I haven't had much time to get out. However this year, I am seriously committing. I just have to make sure its nice enough when I go for the first time. I have to make sure the GF loves it right!

My experience, short day trips in middle of nowhere, or to small towns by myself for photography. I have very little camping experience. However I can work on a car, and do pretty good about driving on rough terrain and judging risk.

I have two rigs, I have no idea what a practical new car is. :)
1st one I have owned sense I was 17. Its a 1966 CJ5, with a buick engine, awaiting t18, disk brakes, and new 33" tires. Goal for this guy, small light conservative rig to go to Rubicon trip, ghost towns and such. HWY drive ability and trails is a must.

2nd one, my daily driver..
this one is a 1973 Chevy Blazer. This guy is my daily driver, it has a new chevy 350, TH350, brakes, and radiator, 1 ton running gear on 35" tires. Goals for this one, is finish fixing it up and sell or drop it down to 2 inches of lift switch to a conservative tire size and add trailer hitch to continue as a work vehicle.

Attached our rig photos, and of course bonus pictures of trips! I'm sure you guys like photos.

My Rigs.
Photo of my 73 k5 for Chevy forum by Randy O'Reilly, on Flickr

herd of deer by

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. I have an old 1956 Willy's jeep at the family ranch outside of Portland Oregon. Love that old rig. My first rig was a 71 K5. Loved that truck, until it was rolled. Luckily I had a good role cage installed. unluckily, I was never able to get it on the road again. I'm sure you will have better luck with your K5...

Reactions: Piff

Piff

Rank II

Member I

Lathrop, CA, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

Thanka for the warm welcomes!

Jeff, there defiantly is something special about the vintage vehicles when they are running good.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If you haven't already check out the calendar for the Sac weekly meet ups great way to get started with OB and meet some great people.

Reactions: Piff

Piff

Rank II

Member I

Lathrop, CA, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

If you haven't already check out the calendar for the Sac weekly meet ups great way to get started with OB and meet some great people.
Thank you, I saw the weekly coffee shop one nearby. I will have to check it out in next two-three weeks!

Piff

Rank II

Member I

Lathrop, CA, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
OReilly
Member #

Welcome from Redding, CA. Nice rigs. Clean '73.
Thank you,

its a pretty area up around Redding. I head up to Siskiyou about 3-4 times a year. Even though I head up that way I haven't had a chance to check out whiskey town. From what people tell me, I need to check it out.

Thank you, the Groogrux king. The CJ is my favorite. :)