Hello from Sacramento, CA!

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Hello, Everyone! My name is Sam and I'm completely new to Overlanding. I'm pretty excited to have found this community. I've always been interested in camping and traveling with vehicles, especially in the outdoors environment, but I never had a clue that there was a word, or even a community built around it. Finding this website and discovering this community has been incredible.

I currently don't have a rig that I could work on, being that I am a student in college, I don't quite have the funds to invest in a truck or a more outdoorsy vehicle to rig yet. My boyfriend, however, does have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma that we've discussed on modifying a bit for more prolonged trips and perhaps we could start there. That is if he wants to get into this with me (being that we both enjoy camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, and share the same sense of adventure).

For now, I'm just here to learn and explore! Hopefully one day I'll be able to join people on the trails myself :)

MTNGOATFJ7986

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rocklin
Member #

Hey OverlandOsprey! New to the forums as well, and I'm local! Hopefully we can get on the trail soon! Keep me posted on your Tacoma!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hello, Everyone! My name is Sam and I'm completely new to Overlanding. I'm pretty excited to have found this community. I've always been interested in camping and traveling with vehicles, especially in the outdoors environment, but I never had a clue that there was a word, or even a community built around it. Finding this website and discovering this community has been incredible.

I currently don't have a rig that I could work on, being that I am a student in college, I don't quite have the funds to invest in a truck or a more outdoorsy vehicle to rig yet. My boyfriend, however, does have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma that we've discussed on modifying a bit for more prolonged trips and perhaps we could start there. That is if he wants to get into this with me (being that we both enjoy camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, and share the same sense of adventure).

For now, I'm just here to learn and explore! Hopefully one day I'll be able to join people on the trails myself :)
Hi Sam and welcome to OB! You've come to the right place to learn and explore! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

MTNGOATFJ7986

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rocklin
Member #

iamjake! Saw your feature on the OB instagram and checked out your page as well! Good luck in your travels and stay safe! Best of luck to somebody living the life!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello Sam and welcome to the OB crew

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. Their is lots of great information on the Forum. You will be well prepared when you choose a Rig. Hope your BF joins, and decides to Overland his Taco. The important part, is getting out in to nature, and building memories.

Reactions: MTNGOATFJ7986

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Welcome!