Hello from Rockville, MD!

• HTML tutorial

mattjans

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Rockville, MD, USA
Member #

Hi all....Someone commented the other day on what good shape my 2002 Chevy Tracker is in. When I told him that I'm in the slow process of making it an overlander, he asked "Where would you do that around here?" I realized I didn't really know. Out west it was so easy to find trail. I've looked a little since we moved from SoCal, but don't have any trips planned yet.

First step is to build a Dinoot trailing this spring/summer (if everything works out). That's about as much as my 4-door, 4-cyl Tracker can handle with it's 1500 lb weight. At least I have 4WD low, new lighter wheels, and new AT tires. So we're getting there.

A little about us...My wife and I just moved back to MD after 5 years in Los Angeles. Hopefully no more of that cross-country stuff, unless it's overlanding! We've done a couple of trail days with a rented Jeep but no real experience with overlanding or off-grid camping yet. Hoping to hear about groups, trails, etc. in MD, WV, VA, PA, etc.

My folks live in MI (just south of Traverse City), so one trip I want to do is here to there via trail and fire service roads. Anyone done that before?

Cheers!