Enthusiast I

Panama City, Panama
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Chavarria
Member #

Hey guys,

Been adventuring and exploring this amazing world since I was little. My dad used to take us camping and sailing around Costa Rica.

I moved to Panama in 1998, and kept sailing for a few years. In 2005 I moved to Florida for college and bought a 1998 Jeep JK. In 2007 I sold the JK and moved to LA for graduate school, then moved to SF in 2009, and finally moved back to Panama in 2015.

I've always enjoyed the outdoors, but when I moved back to Panama I took a renewed interest in camping and found the term overlanding to perfectly describe what I wanted to do.

I bought a 2015 Ford Ranger PX, also called the Global Ranger. I've been slowly working on it to turn it into an adventure rig.

Mods:
  • Custom front bumper
  • Smittybilt 98510 X2O 10K winch
  • Two Xprite 96 Watt 9-inch round lights
  • BFG KM2 285/70R17 tires
  • Dobinsons MRR 3" coil overs and remote-reservoir rears.
  • iDrive pedal commander
  • eBay Snorkel (same as factory one)
  • Retrax bed cover
  • Line-X spray bed-liner
  • Reverse and Front-facing cameras
  • Electrical wiring for accessories controlled though a central relay system with switch panel
  • Tow bar
Todo:
  • Bed rack for roof top tent
  • Rear bumper
  • Rear lighting
  • Install skid plates (already bought and waiting)

IMG_3355.JPG af6ec0dc-0ed2-40b7-bb02-5da63390a8c6.jpg IMG_3223.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey guys,

Been adventuring and exploring this amazing world since I was little. My dad used to take us camping and sailing around Costa Rica.

I moved to Panama in 1998, and kept sailing for a few years. In 2005 I moved to Florida for college and bought a 1998 Jeep JK. In 2007 I sold the JK and moved to LA for graduate school, then moved to SF in 2009, and finally moved back to Panama in 2015.

I've always enjoyed the outdoors, but when I moved back to Panama I took a renewed interest in camping and found the term overlanding to perfectly describe what I wanted to do.

I bought a 2015 Ford Ranger PX, also called the Global Ranger. I've been slowly working on it to turn it into an adventure rig.

Mods:
  • Custom front bumper
  • Smittybilt 98510 X2O 10K winch
  • Two Xprite 96 Watt 9-inch round lights
  • BFG KM2 285/70R17 tires
  • Dobinsons MRR 3" coil overs and remote-reservoir rears.
  • iDrive pedal commander
  • eBay Snorkel (same as factory one)
  • Retrax bed cover
  • Line-X spray bed-liner
  • Reverse and Front-facing cameras
  • Electrical wiring for accessories controlled though a central relay system with switch panel
  • Tow bar
Todo:
  • Bed rack for roof top tent
  • Rear bumper
  • Rear lighting
  • Install skid plates (already bought and waiting)

View attachment 67338 View attachment 67339 View attachment 67340
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Rig .look forward to seeing your build and your adventures in Panama.

Reactions: skumancer