Hello from Panama

• HTML tutorial

Thomas C Hardin

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Panama
Member #

Hello all. I live in Panama on the Pacific, just over the CR border. I moved here 5 years ago to live on the beach. My work allows me to work from anywhere I can run my laptop, a monitor and have intermittent internet.

Here in Panama I have a 1997 Toyota LC80 with a Turbo Diesel with factory winch, OME lift, otherwise mostly stock. Love it. Many of them here and it is a tank. I have a fairly robust garage / workshop with welders and some specialty tools (oriented to offroad modifications).

I keep a 2011 Jeep JKU that has been very highly modified for rock crawling. We are now looking to outfit the Jeep and an adventure trailer for a USA cross country tip for 3 months next year. We will be building the trailer this summer, as the Jeep is 95% ready to go. We plan to hit Moab, Utah, Colorado, Montana, etc.

I am looking forward to learning more about the lifestyle and the community and hope to be able to help somebody in need if in the Panama / CR border area.

Tom

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello all. I live in Panama on the Pacific, just over the CR border. I moved here 5 years ago to live on the beach. My work allows me to work from anywhere I can run my laptop, a monitor and have intermittent internet.

Here in Panama I have a 1997 Toyota LC80 with a Turbo Diesel with factory winch, OME lift, otherwise mostly stock. Love it. Many of them here and it is a tank. I have a fairly robust garage / workshop with welders and some specialty tools (oriented to offroad modifications).

I keep a 2011 Jeep JKU that has been very highly modified for rock crawling. We are now looking to outfit the Jeep and an adventure trailer for a USA cross country tip for 3 months next year. We will be building the trailer this summer, as the Jeep is 95% ready to go. We plan to hit Moab, Utah, Colorado, Montana, etc.

I am looking forward to learning more about the lifestyle and the community and hope to be able to help somebody in need if in the Panama / CR border area.

Tom
Hello Tom and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Thomas C Hardin

skumancer

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Panama City, Panama
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Chavarria
Member #

Hey Tom, nice to see someone else from Panama. How are things going? Are you out on the long-term trip already?

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Tom
Welcome to the OB community.

Thomas C Hardin

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Panama
Member #

Hey Tom, nice to see someone else from Panama. How are things going? Are you out on the long-term trip already?
Hey there, we are not. Last Summer we went back to the USA with the intent of finishing up the trailer and heading out for a trial run on the East coast. I am a consultant and had been putting in proposals for the last couple of years. ALL of the projects landed right when we returned to the USA and I was unable to embark on a trip. Wrapping up most of that work now and preparing for a new adventure this summer.

Here are a couple of pics of the rig set up at our Maine home, No significant work accomplished on the trailer and we put it back in storage until we return in June to finish and head out on an east coast trip again.
20190801_073531.jpg

20190801_073458.jpg

Screenshot 2020-02-22 09.53.53.png

I have a Sprintex intercooled supercharger and some transmission modifications to do before we head out.... More trailer build pics to come :-)

Thomas C Hardin

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Panama
Member #

Last night I just purchased tickets to Overland Expo East October 9-11 and also to the Gateway to the Cumberlands Jeep Jamboree in KY on October 15 - 17. Those are the only reservations for the entire trip. Leaving Bar Harbor Maine end of July to head into Newfoundland and then heading back into NS & PEI. Then heading South. Thinking 4 months, more if we need it! Anyone else going to Expo East?

skumancer

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Panama City, Panama
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Chavarria
Member #

Last night I just purchased tickets to Overland Expo East October 9-11 and also to the Gateway to the Cumberlands Jeep Jamboree in KY on October 15 - 17. Those are the only reservations for the entire trip. Leaving Bar Harbor Maine end of July to head into Newfoundland and then heading back into NS & PEI. Then heading South. Thinking 4 months, more if we need it! Anyone else going to Expo East?
Would love to attend one of the shows this year, but probably closer to the West Coast, as my job takes me there frequently.

Reactions: Thomas C Hardin