Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Owasso, Oklahoma, USA
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Sang
Member #

A recent trip to Moab with the family on an overnight rafting trip re-ignited my need to get outdoors. Although not new to camping, I am brand new to the off-road world. Currently spending more hours than I should on YouTube and browsing the internet trying to learn as much as I can. I have my budget in order and although it seems like Toyota dominates this area, I am planning to keep my 2016 F-150 FX4 and begin building it. I am hoping to find some fellow full-size Ford Overlanders to help steer me in the right direction with Suspension, Tires, and Mods. Once built, I hope to connect up with some locals and hit the trails... wherever they are (really, I have no idea)!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Larry (@wbslngr) , welcome from Central Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know or my more attractive Member Rep partner @Iwata77 who is up in your neck of the woods.

Reactions: wbslngr and Iwata77

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

A recent trip to Moab with the family on an overnight rafting trip re-ignited my need to get outdoors. Although not new to camping, I am brand new to the off-road world. Currently spending more hours than I should on YouTube and browsing the internet trying to learn as much as I can. I have my budget in order and although it seems like Toyota dominates this area, I am planning to keep my 2016 F-150 FX4 and begin building it. I am hoping to find some fellow full-size Ford Overlanders to help steer me in the right direction with Suspension, Tires, and Mods. Once built, I hope to connect up with some locals and hit the trails... wherever they are (really, I have no idea)!
Welcome from Tulsa! We have a 2018 F150 in the family but it’s not our overland vehicle, but it does get some light offroad use.
We have an Okie feed in the forums for more local banter.
Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Reactions: wbslngr