Hello from Northwest Arkansas

• HTML tutorial

Walker5168

Rank 0

Traveler I

New here from Bentonville, AR. Just have been interested in this stuff for as long as I can remember and now live in the area where it’s popular! Originally from Little Rock, so not much access to anything outside of powerline roads.

Current rig is a 2008 Chevy 4 door with just a simple leveling kit and 285’s on her feet. Never really had it off road much but looking to ASAP.

I do have some questions as I don’t know much about this stuff yet, is the Silverado a decentish starter platform for outlanding? It will typically be me, my wife, and our 2 kids (5 and 9), and dog. Would like to get off-road with it pretty regular once it’s adequate for the job.

Glad to be here and happy to learn!

Thanks

Reactions: Thrash

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Welcome to the forum! My Ma’s cousin lives in Rogers, so I’ve been in your neck of the woods. Pretty country.

Reactions: Walker5168

Welding Goats

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Midland, TX, USA
First Name
Ronn
Last Name
Reeger
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRXB227
Welcome to the forum from West Texas and kudos to you for getting your wife and kiddos out and about with you!

There will surely be more knowledgeable people than me who chime it, but I think any vehicle that can get you out for an adventure is an appropriate vehicle. If it works for you (or in our case, the wife) then more power to you. :-)

Walker5168

Rank 0

Traveler I

I’ll definitely investigate the Rally Point events and see if anyone is near me.

I think the Silverado will do OK until I’m ready to really get into serious trails. Right now we just want to explore and be outside as much as possible. The scenery here is incredible!

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Hello and welcome from Ozark Arkansas. If you want to get out and hit some trails hit me up! Were always posting trail rides and stuff on our Facebook linked below!

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

Hey vegasjeepguy, I actually live in Centerton. So just around the bend from you. Have you had some pretty good luck finding places to ride?
I’ve been too busy getting settled in and enjoying my 5 acres after living on 1/12 of an acre lot in suburban Vegas. The challenge for me will be the difference between the millions of acres of public land in Nevada v. most of the land here is privately owned. I literally could be on any number of desert trails in 20 minutes and drive for days and not see anyone. That said, the Overland community here seems to be relatively active and welcoming new members and those new to overlanding.

Last edited: