Enthusiast I

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Kristen
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Kristen, and I am an addict.... of the outdoors, adventure, and my Jeep! This is "Lola", a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. I live in Northern Virginia and am relatively new to overlanding, though I have been camping and adventuring my whole life. I always lusted after a Jeep, and finally got Lola about a year ago. Since then, I've added a Maximus 3 roof / Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, a CVT Rooftop Tent, DV8 front and rear bumpers, DV8 Fenders, an ARB air compressor system, and some other odds and ends like lights, hinge steps, etc.

My next upgrades are to install a Metalcloak 2.5" lift and 35" tires, swap out these cheap rock sliders for something a little more durable, and add a winch. I have also considered swapping the front bumper for an ARB one because this one has no good spots to use a hi-lift jack.

Lola is my daily driver, so wave if you see me on the roads around DC. Otherwise I can't wait to see y'all on the trails.

IMG_4870.jpg

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
Hello everyone!

My name is Kristen, and I am an addict.... of the outdoors, adventure, and my Jeep! This is "Lola", a 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon. I live in Northern Virginia and am relatively new to overlanding, though I have been camping and adventuring my whole life. I always lusted after a Jeep, and finally got Lola about a year ago. Since then, I've added a Maximus 3 roof / Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform, a CVT Rooftop Tent, DV8 front and rear bumpers, DV8 Fenders, an ARB air compressor system, and some other odds and ends like lights, hinge steps, etc.

My next upgrades are to install a Metalcloak 2.5" lift and 35" tires, swap out these cheap rock sliders for something a little more durable, and add a winch. I have also considered swapping the front bumper for an ARB one because this one has no good spots to use a hi-lift jack.

Lola is my daily driver, so wave if you see me on the roads around DC. Otherwise I can't wait to see y'all on the trails.

View attachment 154031
Nice build and you CANNOT go wrong with the MC 2.5" lift. I had the dual rate lift on my 2012 JKR and it road better than stock with a ton of travel. I will be installing their 3.5" Game Changer on my Gladiator next Spring I think in preps for the TAT. I am in Lorton and am a member rep, but really don't know much more than most on here. The stock Rubicon sliders really aren't that bad and you find those easy on the forums. I run a Badlands 12.000 lb winch with synthetic rope. It isn't the fast winch, but it works and they get good reviews and you can't beat the price. Lots of bumper options. I have the Smittybilt XRC GenII...I like it, but might change to a MC frame mount stubby. Welcome to OB, I'll look for Lola in the DMV.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

View attachment 154031
Welcome to Overland Bound Kristen
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @JRElaxED & @Zombie
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.

InTentsKristen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Kristen
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

Thanks for all of the greetings! I did the MetalCloak lift and added a new rooftop tent.... rig upgrades done for now. Can’t wait to hit some trails with y’all! 78550AC7-8C3E-4DEE-B393-C8461A18FDE2.jpeg

JRElaxED

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, Va
Member #

Welcome!!!! We are gonna have to get a group together and go explore soon. Hopefully mid August or September cool down a bit, we all can explore some gravel roads, camp and plan another trip. Love the mountains, but I’m a beach guy.

cgflyer

US East Region Member Rep, MD
Investor

Enthusiast III

Lorton, VA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
McCullough
Member #

Service Branch
USCG Retired
I hosted a meetup at my house last year just as a meet and greet around my fire pit and to check out rigs and I will plan another one in the fall. I maintain 2 acres in Lorton and have ample space for a dozen or so vehicles and their occupants. I plan to do Peter's Mill Run soon. I tried to go in January, but the trail was closed for the season. That is about the closest place I am aware of that is an official trail and it earns a Jeep badge.

Reactions: InTentsKristen

InTentsKristen

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manassas, VA, USA
First Name
Kristen
Last Name
Mitchell
Member #

I hosted a meetup at my house last year just as a meet and greet around my fire pit and to check out rigs and I will plan another one in the fall. I maintain 2 acres in Lorton and have ample space for a dozen or so vehicles and their occupants. I plan to do Peter's Mill Run soon. I tried to go in January, but the trail was closed for the season. That is about the closest place I am aware of that is an official trail and it earns a Jeep badge.
I haven’t done Peters Mill but have done some of the other trails in the area. If you put a trip together, please let me know!