Hello from North Virginia!

• HTML tutorial

BrockSamsonZR2

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Recently picked up my first truck. About 15 years ago owned a 4-Runner so I have a little experience off road but its been a while. Went to get a Colorado LT or Z71 and wound up with a great deal on previous year ZR2. The plan was to always to have something capable of allowing me to explore and experience more of the outdoors.

I actually found this forum searching google and came across the Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetup thread. So I will have to drop in there as well. Its surprising and a relief to see an online forum as active as this one since I don't have facebook.

Depending on the weather I should get out on a trail for the first time this weekend. Peters Mill Run out here in one of the Virginia national forests. It sounds like someone on this forum did the whole trail recently in 2WD so it should be a good place to start.

Looking forward to getting to know my way around this place!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Recently picked up my first truck. About 15 years ago owned a 4-Runner so I have a little experience off road but its been a while. Went to get a Colorado LT or Z71 and wound up with a great deal on previous year ZR2. The plan was to always to have something capable of allowing me to explore and experience more of the outdoors.

I actually found this forum searching google and came across the Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetup thread. So I will have to drop in there as well. Its surprising and a relief to see an online forum as active as this one since I don't have facebook.

Depending on the weather I should get out on a trail for the first time this weekend. Peters Mill Run out here in one of the Virginia national forests. It sounds like someone on this forum did the whole trail recently in 2WD so it should be a good place to start.

Looking forward to getting to know my way around this place!
Welcome Brock!

Peters Mill Run is definitely a good place to start. I did the first 1/2 last summer in my stock 4Runner.

BrockSamsonZR2

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Thank you very much for the welcome. I was going to post some questions in the East coast region sub thread about Peters Mill Run but I have to wait a couple days before I can post there! If anyone happens to know a good bit about that area can you message me? Would love to ask a few questions.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova