Enthusiast I

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Jesensky
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7LCP
Hey guys, been watching the youtube channel and this seems like a really cool way to meet other people and learn which I have a lot to do. I'm up in Coeur d'alene ID and have a 97 Jeep xj that is a constant source of pain, labor and love. Anyways, would dig to meet people up around the PNW area and hit trails and go camping. Maybe after the beer virus dies down. Stay safe everyone, Thanks!

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome Jared,
I am the Northwest Regional Director (KJ7MFV). @Sandpoint Steve is your closest Member Representative in Sandpoint, Idaho. @Dilldog (KJ7LVO) From Spokane is looking for local contacts to “rag chew” with on the air.
@Sandpoint Steve hosts the Inland Northwest monthly conference call on the third Sunday of each month discussing various overland related topics in a round robin style format. April’s topic is trip planning techniques via different navigation software like Backcountry Navigator, Garmin Base Camp, and GAIA. We use a software platform called “Free Conference Call” to host the call. Just download the app on your smart device, or there is a Windows Version if you prefer to use your pc equipped with a mic and web cam.
@David H is the Southern Idaho member representative from Boise, Idaho. He also hosts aconference call on the 3rd Sunday of each month at 6:30 pacific Time. Treasure Valley Monthly Conference Call is quite young at only 3 months old in April. Still a lot of good information and good times passed around.
I strongly suggest calling in to both calls. In these times normal meetups, campouts, and trail rides are canceled until further notice.

Overland Bound Northwest has a Facebook page. You can use it to find and meet members from all over the Northwest. @Gabriel Bozeman is in charge of the page, So send him a message asking how to log into the page.

Lastly, if you haven’t already, subscribe to the Overland Bound YouTube Channel as @Michael and @Corrie are putting out content regarding CVD-19 and Overlanding over the next couple of weeks.

Feel free to message any of us with any questions, concerns, or how you can help the Overland Bound Community during these tough times.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey guys, been watching the youtube channel and this seems like a really cool way to meet other people and learn which I have a lot to do. I'm up in Coeur d'alene ID and have a 97 Jeep xj that is a constant source of pain, labor and love. Anyways, would dig to meet people up around the PNW area and hit trails and go camping. Maybe after the beer virus dies down. Stay safe everyone, Thanks!
Hi Jared, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: stickandrudder

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome to the community. Feel free to contact me if you have any concerns or questions. As you are probably already know, COVID-19 has stopped many things (especially in Washington) so most in-person activities for OB have been canceled for awhile. Hopefully this summer will kick back up.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: stickandrudder

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Welcome aboard! Like Micheal said Im just on the other side of the boarder. If you need any help with your XJ shoot me a message, Ive helped buddies out with XJs before, I used to own a TJ, and have a decent amount of experience with the 4.0L and 258 AMC its based off of, Im a professional mechanic (on highway HD truck tech.), and worked in aircraft fabrication in the AF.
To Add: You didnt happen to buy that XJ from a guy named Ryan did you? Looks just like a buddy's XJ he sold about 5 years ago.

Last edited:

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hey Jared,
Welcome from Idaho to the Overland Bound community. A good way to contact people is though Rally Points. I recommend the monthly NW Washington Meetup, and monthly Inland NorthWest Conferance Call run by @Sandpoint Steve to meet lots of great people in your area...

stickandrudder

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Jesensky
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7LCP
Welcome aboard! Like Micheal said Im just on the other side of the boarder. If you need any help with your XJ shoot me a message, Ive helped buddies out with XJs before, I used to own a TJ, and have a decent amount of experience with the 4.0L and 258 AMC its based off of, Im a professional mechanic (on highway HD truck tech.), and worked in aircraft fabrication in the AF.
To Add: You didnt happen to buy that XJ from a guy named Ryan did you? Looks just like a buddy's XJ he sold about 5 years ago.
I didn’t, no. I got it off my dad a couple years ago who owned it for a few years before that
. It was all stock before in dire need of some paint lol. If I have questions I’ll reach out! Thanks!!

stickandrudder

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Jesensky
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD7LCP
Thank you everyone! I’ll try to get on that call. I fly for an airline and my schedule is chaotic, even with CV lately. So it’s always hit and miss.

talking with HAM guys would be great. I haven’t been very active in a while, and there is a lot of new HAM tech that didn’t exist back when I was super into it in the early-mid 2000s. Right now I just have a Yeasu HT, I’ve been watching that ham radio install on the OB YT channel and need to do that on the Jeep.

Reactions: M Rose