Hello from North Florida

• HTML tutorial

Dzldust

Rank 0

Traveler I

E486A9C8-01AF-4465-98BE-EBB6DEC92ACF.jpeg Thanks for the add,I’m Jim from Jacksonville,Florida
Been a Paramedic /Firefighter for nearly 25 years and have always loved camping,hiking ,exploring abandoned or secluded places .I have always had some form of offroad rig and am a decent mechanic /welder so I’m always modding things.Have not set up my current rig with any overland equipment yet but have beefed the suspension quite a bit for excursions as they come .Currently the Jeep came as a Rubicon with all the axles /lockers and 4:1 Transfer case.Axles were swapped out for New Spicer Dana60’s with E-Lockers and 5.38 gears,40” Coopers,Rusty’s Long arm suspension,Fox shocks,Adams 1350 HD Driveshafts ,Currie Anti-Rock sway systems f/r,Teraflex Bumpstops,Psc/RNR hydro assist steering,B.Lees steering,Dirty Life Beadlocks ,undercover fab rear bumper ,DV8 front bumper with Smittybilt 12,000lb winch with Synthetic line.Very low center of gravity build with only 2 1/2” coils .Its got awesome brakes and strong running gear so I can load it down with gear and have no worries of straining the axles or brakes .I believe it will be a good strong platform to build an Overland rig from .

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 58323 Thanks for the add,I’m Jim from Jacksonville,Florida
Been a Paramedic /Firefighter for nearly 25 years and have always loved camping,hiking ,exploring abandoned or secluded places .I have always had some form of offroad rig and am a decent mechanic /welder so I’m always modding things.Have not set up my current rig with any overland equipment yet but have beefed the suspension quite a bit for excursions as they come .Currently the Jeep came as a Rubicon with all the axles /lockers and 4:1 Transfer case.Axles were swapped out for New Spicer Dana60’s with E-Lockers and 5.38 gears,40” Coopers,Rusty’s Long arm suspension,Fox shocks,Adams 1350 HD Driveshafts ,Currie Anti-Rock sway systems f/r,Teraflex Bumpstops,Psc/RNR hydro assist steering,B.Lees steering,Dirty Life Beadlocks ,undercover fab rear bumper ,DV8 front bumper with Smittybilt 12,000lb winch with Synthetic line.Very low center of gravity build with only 2 1/2” coils .Its got awesome brakes and strong running gear so I can load it down with gear and have no worries of straining the axles or brakes .I believe it will be a good strong platform to build an Overland rig from .
Hello Jim and welcome to the OB crew...great looking jeep and look forward to seeing your build and adventures. Thank you for your service and sacrifice as a first responder.

Michael Whitehead

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Jacksonville, Florida
Member #

Jim, nice looking jeep. I'm from Jax as well if you ever need a partner to do some trail riding or want to meet up sometime let me know. I work C shift out in Baker Co so any day other than those I'm usually free.