Hello From NJ!

• HTML tutorial

Matt_Lang

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all, my name's Matt and I'm from North New Jersey! I drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Love jeeps, always have, always will. I recently (June-July 2017) completed the transamerican trail with my girlfriend which was pretty much the first overlanding trip that I've done (other than weekend camping/rafting trips here and there). We ended up camping only 4 days of the 35 day trip and the rest were hotels so some may say we cheated! I work as a software engineer and for the trip I created an app to help me along the TAT which allowed me to see the maps even while offline and couldn't find service, a feature which I was having trouble finding on the android app store for free (and if you can prove to me that you've already bought the maps from sam I'll send you the app for free as long as you have an android device to put it on)! I love wrenching and building stuff so hit me up if you're in North Jersey and need help with a project or anything! I can't say I'm qualified but I'll help where I can! Looking forward to connecting with some of you.

Here's a picture of my rig, named her Abby, in Utah on the TAT just south of I70 (38.8630126,-110.2104927)
IMAG0476.jpg

Reactions: Chadlyb

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Welcome from Germany! Jeep looks good. Is that a second spare on the roof?

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all, my name's Matt and I'm from North New Jersey! I drive a 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. Love jeeps, always have, always will. I recently (June-July 2017) completed the transamerican trail with my girlfriend which was pretty much the first overlanding trip that I've done (other than weekend camping/rafting trips here and there). We ended up camping only 4 days of the 35 day trip and the rest were hotels so some may say we cheated! I work as a software engineer and for the trip I created an app to help me along the TAT which allowed me to see the maps even while offline and couldn't find service, a feature which I was having trouble finding on the android app store for free (and if you can prove to me that you've already bought the maps from sam I'll send you the app for free as long as you have an android device to put it on)! I love wrenching and building stuff so hit me up if you're in North Jersey and need help with a project or anything! I can't say I'm qualified but I'll help where I can! Looking forward to connecting with some of you.

Here's a picture of my rig, named her Abby, in Utah on the TAT just south of I70 (38.8630126,-110.2104927)
View attachment 36564
Hello Matt and welcome to the OB crew...Abby is a great looking jeep ..looking forward to seeing your adventures

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 36564
Hi Matt and welcome to OB! Nice looking Rubicon! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Matt_Lang

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome from Germany! Jeep looks good. Is that a second spare on the roof?
Hey yeah it was just a tire, no rim. I was in an accident about a year ago, nobody was hurt thankfully, and the shop replaced my tire for some reason so I told them I wanted to keep the old one.

And thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

Reactions: NotGumby

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

View attachment 36564
Welcome!