Hello from N. California

• HTML tutorial

jeepnjeff

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Hi! Been lurking for a little while. Was pointed to the FB page by a friend then crossed paths with Michael's FJ80 soon after and decided to join the forum.

I've been driving a 1992 Jeep Wrangler S, since new. It's evolved a lot since those early days. From 205.75R15's to 32x11.5R15's to 35x12.5R15's and now 33x10.5R15's. Recently, I was able to fulfill a dream, taking the Jeep on the Rubicon Trail. This was one of the main reason I had bought the Jeep so many years ago. Removed the hard top, full doors and left the roof rack at home. Drove the Jeep all the way there, saw some awesome scenery, met some great friends, broke some stuff, flopped and drove all the way back home. It's a daily driver so there's no rest on Monday.

Thanks for having me.

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hi! Been lurking for a little while. Was pointed to the FB page by a friend then crossed paths with Michael's FJ80 soon after and decided to join the forum.

I've been driving a 1992 Jeep Wrangler S, since new. It's evolved a lot since those early days. From 205.75R15's to 32x11.5R15's to 35x12.5R15's and now 33x10.5R15's. Recently, I was able to fulfill a dream, taking the Jeep on the Rubicon Trail. This was one of the main reason I had bought the Jeep so many years ago. Removed the hard top, full doors and left the roof rack at home. Drove the Jeep all the way there, saw some awesome scenery, met some great friends, broke some stuff, flopped and drove all the way back home. It's a daily driver so there's no rest on Monday.

Thanks for having me.

Hi Jeff and welcome to OB! Nice looking Wrangler! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Thanks for having me.

Hello Jeff and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Jeep and can't wait to see your build and adventures

jeepnjeff

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Hi Jeff and welcome to OB! Nice looking Wrangler! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!
Thanks. I actually came across your Jeep while looking at the Garvin site and was confused why a CJ was listed under Wrangler. Found your YT channel this year and subscribed. I thought about doing the CJ front clip but there are too few YJ on the roads and someone's gotta represent.

Hello Jeff and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Jeep and can't wait to see your build and adventures
The Jeep, while having many years of mods, is still very much a work in progress. There are still a few big thing I want to change. The problem is trying to keep it looking stock and not like a crawler. If there's interest I could create a build page.

Welcome, nice Jeep! I hope the flop wasn't too bad, throw some pics up when you get the time.
It was a relatively soft flop. The majority of damage was done to the rear corner with a little bit to the passenger door. Door got jacked and I had to persuade it back into alignment with a hammer. The passenger side mirror exploded.

Actually, you can watch it happen! I recorded the whole trip but haven't bothered to edit any of it. Once we righted it, I think we spent 6-8 minutes deciding on if I should pull the plugs. Took the tools out, dropped a socket and spent more time trying to fish it out that I didn't bother with the plugs and she started up like a champ with no smoke.

Took some hammer work but I got it straightened out enough not to have a huge gap between the fender and the flare. The fender did pull two spot welds inside but it's not too bad.

jeepnjeff

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Damn! The worst situations I've been in always happen so fast, usually with my guard down. Glad it wasn't too bad.
Yeah, I shouldn't have climbed the wall as much but by the time I noticed it was going over. I think the rear tire slipped between some rocks which causes the weight to shift.

Reactions: Sparky