Member I

O'Fallon, MO, USA
First Name
Galen
Last Name
Sinkey
Member #

Hi Everyone!

I'm MidwestTrekker from the St Louis, MO area (specifically, O'Fallon MO).

I'm a 52 y/o Ozarks native who wandered out to Arizona for 7 years spanning the late 80s / early 90s. I'm new to the term "Overlanding" but have been "4wd camping" for more than 30 years. I began 4wd camping in a 1989 Toyota 4Runner, my first new vehicle ever. After moving back to the midwest in 1995, I "4wd camped" in a 95 1/2 Toyota Tacoma, a 2003 Silverado, and a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Now I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 6 speed manual, on order and I'm very excited about that.

I'm super pumped that @Lifestyle Overland is on here because I'm binge-ing my way through their Season 1.

My kids are grown now and I'm celebrating that (or perhaps grieving it) by planning my own adventure to the Arctic Circle and beyond.

Thank you for accepting me into the Overland Bound community.

- Galen, aka MidwestTrekker

Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi Everyone!

I'm MidwestTrekker from the St Louis, MO area (specifically, O'Fallon MO).

I'm a 52 y/o Ozarks native who wandered out to Arizona for 7 years spanning the late 80s / early 90s. I'm new to the term "Overlanding" but have been "4wd camping" for more than 30 years. I began 4wd camping in a 1989 Toyota 4Runner, my first new vehicle ever. After moving back to the midwest in 1995, I "4wd camped" in a 95 1/2 Toyota Tacoma, a 2003 Silverado, and a 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser. Now I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 6 speed manual, on order and I'm very excited about that.

I'm super pumped that @Lifestyle Overland is on here because I'm binge-ing my way through their Season 1.

My kids are grown now and I'm celebrating that (or perhaps grieving it) by planning my own adventure to the Arctic Circle and beyond.

Thank you for accepting me into the Overland Bound community.

- Galen, aka MidwestTrekker
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.