Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Halton County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mansoor
Last Name
Ahmed
Member #

Hey welcome aboard! I'm from the Orillia area myself. Hydro lines are always a fun time, definitely will have to check out Ardbeg in your future (North of Parry Sound) It's one of the best wheeling spots in Ontario.
I was planning to go Ardbeg South, but no time this year, definitely next year.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

ryancarman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pakenham, ON, Canada
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Carman
Member #

Mi Mansoor! welcome!

Please take advantage of the Rally Point system its a really great way to organize meetups or rides! As an OB member, you have access to this and many other resources, PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: Migu

Darn3000

Rank 0

Contributor I

Milton, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Darnley
Last Name
Stein
Hello Neighbour!

I'm also new/green in over landing - been really looking into getting serious with it with purchasing a new SUV. I'm a Toyota guy so my eyes are on the 4Runner, however, something about those Rubicon's tickles my fancy but I'd like to hear honest reviews about the Rubicon. Still looking into the trails/camp sites in Ontario that I could visit as I haven't explored much of northern Ontario as of yet.

mansoorahmed

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Halton County, Ontario, Canada
First Name
Mansoor
Last Name
Ahmed
Member #

Hello Neighbour!

I'm also new/green in over landing - been really looking into getting serious with it with purchasing a new SUV. I'm a Toyota guy so my eyes are on the 4Runner, however, something about those Rubicon's tickles my fancy but I'd like to hear honest reviews about the Rubicon. Still looking into the trails/camp sites in Ontario that I could visit as I haven't explored much of northern Ontario as of yet.
Hey Darn3000,

Nice to meet you.

So far I have not had any issues with my Rubicon. I've been to few trips, absolutely no issues climbing up or going down the trails. Rubicon gearing and higher clearance does help as well. It is bone stock, no lift or re-gear and stock 33" tires.

I've slept in my Jeep, bit tight but not bad.

Let me know if you want to meet some time, we could meet somewhere in the middle.

suptni

Rank IV

Explorer I

Whitby, ON, Canada
First Name
Niral
Last Name
Vithlani
Member #

Hey all, from Whitby ON. Did a 3k round trip to Sleeping Giant and Timmins in my 2017 jeep grand Cherokee. Lifted 2.5" but still work being done as I go.

Reactions: mansoorahmed

GWNOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ontario, Canada
First Name
GWN
Last Name
Overland
Member #

Hey and welcome. I am in the GTA but currently on an Overlanding trip to Cote Nord Quebec/Newfounfland and just arrived right now at Labrador City and will be expring Labrador for a few days then make my way back to Ontario. Also I am planning another at the end of September to Banff and Jasper. Would love to explore Ontario and other parts. I got a Toyota 4Runner . Happy traila my friend.

Reactions: mansoorahmed