Hello from Lincoln, NE

• HTML tutorial

DrGoofy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lincoln, Nebraska
Member #

I have recently joined your forms as my friend Joe is a member.

I grew up in a city of 50k but my parents were both from small town Iowa. They took me camping various times and owned a farm that we would go to in the summers and weekends. They showed me a love for the great outdoors.

My son is 7 years old and loves the outdoors, camping, and fishing. My parents took him a couple times and were going to take him once a summer. They however were killed in a motorcycle accident along with my Aunt and Uncle in July 2017. This left me devastated.

With inheriting their farm I went and got me a vehicle I knew could handle it, a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I need to step up and show my son the great outdoors and give him the experiences I have had. I hope joining here will help me reconnect with the outdoors, my parents, and my son.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: kcjoiner

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Welcome! Sorry to hear of your loss! Your son will thank you and I'm sure your parents would be proud of the steps you are taking for your son to experience the great outdoors! I was stationed in Omaha from 1986-92 training Reservist for the Marine Corps. I have many fond memories from my time in Nebraska!

Reactions: DrGoofy