Hello, from Lawrenceville, GA (just outside ATL)

• HTML tutorial

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hey all, stumbled upon this site looking for information on setting up my newly purchased 2018 Subaru Outback for some adventures and fun. Just joined as a member (#13185) as this site has already provided me with loads of good info, and I'm a fan of the founding principles for sure. Hoping to be able to get together with some folks to try some trail riding out, and just hanging out and learning more about this hobby from folks here!

Matt L.

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, TX
Member #

Welcome from Texas. I like the look of the Outback with black wheels. We had one years ago and traded it in to get a vehicle with a third row of seats. Wish I had not done that. - Matt L.

Reactions: martin_j001

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Welcome from Texas. I like the look of the Outback with black wheels. We had one years ago and traded it in to get a vehicle with a third row of seats. Wish I had not done that. - Matt L.
Thanks! I always disliked the look when I had my GTI (also white), but on this car it looks...meaner. I'm loving the Outback so far, but if you need more room, you need more room!

Welcome to Over Land Bound lots of good people and information. See ya out on the trails!
Thanks! I've seen that Uwharrie has some good trails, so going to need to check that out someday. Camped there once in the past, but didn't do anything else as it was a short stay.

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Thanks! I always disliked the look when I had my GTI (also white), but on this car it looks...meaner. I'm loving the Outback so far, but if you need more room, you need more room!

Thanks! I've seen that Uwharrie has some good trails, so going to need to check that out someday. Camped there once in the past, but didn't do anything else as it was a short stay.
The trails are good from easy to hard depending on your setup but always a good time. If your up this way give a shout always looking to camp and ride!

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

The trails are good from easy to hard depending on your setup but always a good time. If your up this way give a shout always looking to camp and ride!
For sure! I saw some video from a few other Subaru guys who were up that way last week, and it definitely looked doable, and like a very good time!

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Have I seen your vehicle at Caffeine and Octane??
Nope, haven't ever been. Considered going back when I had my GTI, as I always thought it was kind of more for sports cars...are there typically some other cool things to see there too? This setup is not an uncommon one for Outbacks by any means...there's only a few places where we really a significant number of options.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all, stumbled upon this site looking for information on setting up my newly purchased 2018 Subaru Outback for some adventures and fun. Just joined as a member (#13185) as this site has already provided me with loads of good info, and I'm a fan of the founding principles for sure. Hoping to be able to get together with some folks to try some trail riding out, and just hanging out and learning more about this hobby from folks here!

Hello Martin and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Subaru and look forward to seeing your build and adventures.

NGAJeeper

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumming, Ga
Member #

Nope, haven't ever been. Considered going back when I had my GTI, as I always thought it was kind of more for sports cars...are there typically some other cool things to see there too? This setup is not an uncommon one for Outbacks by any means...there's only a few places where we really a significant number of options.
Oh yea there is a huge assortment of vehicles. Everything from exotics to fully set up expo rigs

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #

Hello Martin and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Subaru and look forward to seeing your build and adventures.
Thanks!

Oh yea there is a huge assortment of vehicles. Everything from exotics to fully set up expo rigs
Hmmm...might be incentive to get out and check it out one of these days...

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Welcome to OB. I live in Kennesaw, Ga. Always been a Subaru guy owing a 2003 Baja, then a 2008 STI. I know own a 2016 Wrangler JKU and built it up for overlanding. Let me know what I can do to help you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

martin_j001

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lawrenceville, GA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Martin
Member #