Enthusiast III

Lombardia, Monza e Brianza, Italy
First Name
Mauro
Last Name
Solcia
Member #

This is my UTE

It's a 2017 Ford Ranger 2.2 TDi (180Hp) 4x4 Limited.

The car is almost 7 months old (got it January 5th) so it's 100% stock but it's doing it's job quite well, for overlanding, transportation and hauling loads around).

I'm from Italy, I live around Monza (F1 fans might know were it is... and I drove on the racetrack my old cars which were budget sports cars), but I live more in the countryside and 45 mins away from the Alps (Lecco, Como and Bergamo).

I've little experience with overlanding, I've done a couple 1 day trips in the mountains, Monday I'll do the first multiple days trip in the Alps near the French borders.

I've studied and watched a lot of overland oriented content so I feel ready for this first overland trip by myself... ok and the fact that I have 12 years of multiple days trip in the mountains backpacking in the area :-P

As I save money for upgrade for my rig I started using what I have already adapting it for other uses.
"Poor man awning"

Works for me because I'm short :)

Work in progress PVC truck bed tent

... I need to test a bigger tarp

I do have Instagram and a Youtube channel, so if you are interested to see how does overlanding in Italy looks like, I'll post on those (and link it here as soon as I can post links).

Very glad to have joined this community.