Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Louisville KY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Freese
Member #

New Member from Eastern Iowa. Love the group and videos. Finally joined and added a badge to my jeep. My rig is a daily driver 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I am new to Overlanding as there is not many places to explore in Iowa. Mostly fields around here. Hoping to move west in the next few years to expand where I can explore.

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Welcome. Grew up in CR, now in Dubuque. Iowa group really needs to do a trip at some point.

TJTigger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Louisville KY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Freese
Member #

That would be great. My brother and I have been talking about doing the TRans Wisconsin Adventure Trail. Or at least the parts that can be done by non bikes ATVs.

TrailWhale

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lynn Center, IL
Member #

That would be great. My brother and I have been talking about doing the TRans Wisconsin Adventure Trail. Or at least the parts that can be done by non bikes ATVs.
Let's put something together. I'm dying to get out somewhere. Can we start near Dubuque?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Welcome, awesome to see an Iowa group forming!. Love that color too.

SwampThing

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Monticello, Ia
Member #

The TRans Wisconsin Adventure Trail sounds great big brother. I see you ventured on it a little over the weekend. Your thoughts on it?

TJTigger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Louisville KY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Freese
Member #

The TRans Wisconsin Adventure Trail sounds great big brother. I see you ventured on it a little over the weekend. Your thoughts on it?
Yeah. Hit some of the road just north of Potosi. Want to do more. I don't think the Mrs enjoyed it as much as I did.

TJTigger

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Louisville KY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Freese
Member #

They had some issues with the gpx files not being available on the site. If you reach out and contact them they will send a copy. I have a copy on my PC as well. I have uploaded the gpx file from 2015 that they had.

From what I have read there are several segments of the northern part of the trail that are ATV trails. I don't believe full size vehicles would be allowed. But I think it would be fun to hit what we could.

Attachments

Reactions: TRYAGAIN