Contributor III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Prithwiraj
Last Name
Ghosh Roy
Member #

Hi,
This is Roy and I drive a Subaru Outback hence the name: Outback Overland :)
I am super excited to join this group of adventurer. I have been following Michael's videos [youtube] for a few years now and finally summed up the courage to join this group. Its great seeing all the very capable rigs and the trips you'll are constantly going on and the walk around that are done on the channel. Hoping to meet up some some locals in Houston, Texas or other locations in Texas and learn more about what can be done and what should be done before I venture out in the wilderness.
This is a great platform for new people like us.
Oh My car info not sure if that is required:
Stock Subaru outback 2.5i Premium
Only mods on the car:
1. DIY awning on passenger side
2. Roof basket.

Hoping to do some more mods in the coming year to make it more capable to have access to more remote locations. Oh lastly I am part time photographer and love the night sky so I am out a lot at nights Chasing the Milky way...

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
I am super excited to join this group of adventurer. I have been following Michael's videos [youtube] for a few years now and finally summed up the courage to join this group. Its great seeing all the very capable rigs and the trips you'll are constantly going on and the walk around that are done on the channel. Hoping to meet up some some locals in Houston, Texas or other locations in Texas and learn more about what can be done and what should be done before I venture out in the wilderness.
Only mods on the car:
2. Roof basket.

Hoping to do some more mods in the coming year to make it more capable to have access to more remote locations. Oh lastly I am part time photographer and love the night sky so I am out a lot at nights Chasing the Milky way...
Welcome to Overland Bound Roy
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Outback Overland

Rank II

Contributor III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Prithwiraj
Last Name
Ghosh Roy
Member #

Hi,
Only mods on the car:
2. Roof basket.

Welcome to Overland Bound Roy
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
Hi Kent,
Thanks for the info. I will check him up and connect.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Roy, welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

On the 3rd Tuesday of each month there is a Taco Tuesday meet up in Houston.

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.