Launch Member

Member I

Hayward, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Llavore
Member #

Camping has always been a big part of my life. My father, who lived and died a sailor for the US Navy, did his best to teach me to respect Nature and recognize that we are all part of this big ball of dirt hurtling through space. A place filled with extreme contradictions of savagery and beauty. When it comes to overlanding, I am a complete novice. I am open to learning from anyone who is willing to teach as one is never too old to learn. I look forward to getting to know my rig with all it’s capabilities. I think of the adventures my family and I will have together. All the lessons that my father taught me will be taught to my kids. A respect for life despite fear, ignorance, or the unknown. There is beauty in imperfection. This is the essence of the Japanese tradition of Wabi-Sabi. It is why I picked it for my handle. The acceptance of imperfection. I look at my FJ60 and see beauty in its simplicity, its imperfection, and it’s impermanence. Sort of like me! Anyways, sorry for the rant. Just happy to be part of it all.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Camping has always been a big part of my life. My father, who lived and died a sailor for the US Navy, did his best to teach me to respect Nature and recognize that we are all part of this big ball of dirt hurtling through space. A place filled with extreme contradictions of savagery and beauty. When it comes to overlanding, I am a complete novice. I am open to learning from anyone who is willing to teach as one is never too old to learn. I look forward to getting to know my rig with all it’s capabilities. I think of the adventures my family and I will have together. All the lessons that my father taught me will be taught to my kids. A respect for life despite fear, ignorance, or the unknown. There is beauty in imperfection. This is the essence of the Japanese tradition of Wabi-Sabi. It is why I picked it for my handle. The acceptance of imperfection. I look at my FJ60 and see beauty in its simplicity, its imperfection, and it’s impermanence. Sort of like me! Anyways, sorry for the rant. Just happy to be part of it all.
Hello and welcome to the OB crew....look forward to seeing your build and your adventures.

Reactions: Wabi-Sabi-FJ60

Adventure Dave

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Morro Bay, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Gravender
Member #

You’ve come to the right place. Check the Rally Points to find meetup in your area. There is a pretty good group of people in the Bay Area. You may want to add a point on the “New Members Start Here” forum. The leaders watch that to get new people connected.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message me,your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Wabi-Sabi-FJ60

Wabi-Sabi-FJ60

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hayward, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Llavore
Member #

You’ve come to the right place. Check the Rally Points to find meetup in your area. There is a pretty good group of people in the Bay Area. You may want to add a point on the “New Members Start Here” forum. The leaders watch that to get new people connected.
Thanks for the info Dave! Much appreciated!

Wabi-Sabi-FJ60

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hayward, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Llavore
Member #

Thanks for the info Dave! Much appreciated!

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
Welcome! I love those old FJ60s! Hope to see you at the next Rigs & Coffee meetup!

Guadamuz_j

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Guadamuz
Member #

Welcome aboard