First Name
Matt
Last Name
Knight
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HTM
Hey everyone! Just joined OB today.

I’m in Fremont, CA and have lived around the Bay Area for about 4.5 years now.

I drive a 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4. Until recently it was totally stock but I’ve made some mods in the past couple weeks.

I’ve added upfitter switches and the engine bay relay box from a 2017 Super Duty so I now have very stock looking auxiliary switches in the overhead console.

I’ve swapped out the OEM fog lights for double Rigid brackets, each holding a Rigid fog light and an off road light connected to an aux switch. I installed a pair of flush mount Rigid SR-Qs in the rear bumper and wired those to another switch.

I have a CB Radio installed in the cab with an antenna cable going back to the front driver side stake pocket. Will be installing the mount and 3ft FireStik antenna in there next week. I’m a HAM Technician and will do General at some point too - then will look to mount a UHF/VHF antenna as well as an HF antenna for some DXing.

I’ve just replaced the stock tires with BFG KO2s. Only put about 10 miles on the truck so far so far too early to judge them but I’m hoping they give me some better off road handling.

I’m looking to add onboard air and air helper springs to give me tire inflation capability as well as support extra load as we’re looking at regularly towing a 7,500lb travel trailer.

I’m pretty new to overlanding although we’ve done some off-road driving before - a good trail out of Capitol Reef NP and the high mountain pass route in the snow out from Racetrack Playa in Death Valley are two highlights. We’ve done lots of long distance road trips though - the truck has been to 10 western states in the past 18 months and we’ve visited about 20 National Parks in the past few years.

We love camping, getting out into nature, seeing things and visiting places that most people can’t / don’t.

I’m looking forward to being a Member of the OB community - learning lots and meeting some great people!

Nice to meet you all in advance!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

I drive a 2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Platinum 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4. Until recently it was totally stock but I’ve made some mods in the past couple weeks.

I’ve added upfitter switches and the engine bay relay box from a 2017 Super Duty so I now have very stock looking auxiliary switches in the overhead console.

I’ve swapped out the OEM fog lights for double Rigid brackets, each holding a Rigid fog light and an off road light connected to an aux switch. I installed a pair of flush mount Rigid SR-Qs in the rear bumper and wired those to another switch.

I have a CB Radio installed in the cab with an antenna cable going back to the front driver side stake pocket. Will be installing the mount and 3ft FireStik antenna in there next week. I’m a HAM Technician and will do General at some point too - then will look to mount a UHF/VHF antenna as well as an HF antenna for some DXing.

I’ve just replaced the stock tires with BFG KO2s. Only put about 10 miles on the truck so far so far too early to judge them but I’m hoping they give me some better off road handling.

I’m looking to add onboard air and air helper springs to give me tire inflation capability as well as support extra load as we’re looking at regularly towing a 7,500lb travel trailer.

I’m pretty new to overlanding although we’ve done some off-road driving before - a good trail out of Capitol Reef NP and the high mountain pass route in the snow out from Racetrack Playa in Death Valley are two highlights. We’ve done lots of long distance road trips though - the truck has been to 10 western states in the past 18 months and we’ve visited about 20 National Parks in the past few years.

We love camping, getting out into nature, seeing things and visiting places that most people can’t / don’t.

I’m looking forward to being a Member of the OB community - learning lots and meeting some great people!

Hi Nimco and welcome to OB! Nice looking F150! Safe travels and enjoy those open roads!

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Welcome!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hello and welcome to the OB crew...nice looking Ford....look forward to seeing your build and adventures

AdventurousWay

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Full-Time RVers
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Knight
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HTM
Thanks all for your kind words! Looking forward to my next mod: adding my OB emblem!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Jbig117

elromero3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, Ca
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Romero
Member #

Hi and welcome, I’m also from Fremont. Looking forward to maybe meeting at the next coffee meet up or around town!!!!

AdventurousWay

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Full-Time RVers
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Knight
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HTM
Hi and welcome, I’m also from Fremont. Looking forward to maybe meeting at the next coffee meet up or around town!!!!

I’ve been looking round the forums for meetups or rides near Fremont but couldn’t find anything. Is there something regularly? Can you point me in the right direction?

Juggernaut

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Ca
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
Hart
Member #

Welcome!

CalTexMex

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fremont, Ca
Member #

Welcome to the OB Fam. Nice truck with lots of space. I'm also here in fremont, maybe we can all hook up for some coffee. Cheers!