• HTML tutorial

doubleAron

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Littleton, Colorado
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Aaron. I'm a Colorado Native. I grew up camping, riding motorcycles and Jeeping in the mountains of Colorado and Lately I've developed a renewed desire to escape the crowds and explore.

I love hitting the trails in my 85 CJ7, but I started considering another more refined trail rig for the comfort of me and my family (wife and 2 daughters). I was naturally drawn to the Jeep TJ and JK and even the Cherokee XJ all of which I love, But I considered all the stuff we take camping and thought I needed something bigger. I was also saddened every time I considered the thought of not have my CJ. I decided to search for a rig that might serve as a capable and comfortable trail rig at times and other times a tow rig for my CJ. Two adventure rigs! Who could argue with that logic?

Enter the Power Wagon!!! I purchased my 2012 Power Wagon in January and my daughters immediately named it "The Beast". Meanwhile, I began considering all places "The Beast" would/could take us. I also kept coming across new term, a term that was not in my previously in my vocabulary. Overland? What was this Overland I kept hearing about? Why had I never heard of it before? Why hadn't I started doing this years ago?

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this group and I am now an official member #4224. I look forward to learning a lot more about Overland as well as meeting some nice people that don't mind sharing their skills and experiences. I'd also like to follow others using a full size trucks as a platform for off road adventures. To all the other "Beasts" ...I know you're out there...I look forward to hearing from you. image1.JPG IMG_3531 (Edited).JPG

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Welcome to OB from a fellow Colorado member.

I wheeled a 2006 Dodge QC 2500 for a few years as an overland rig. While it was a rough(er) ride, they are very capable. A set of tunable shocks will go a LONG ways with the on-road and off-road comfort.

renodemona

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sparks, NV, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7TCT
Nice couple rigs there, what part of Colorado? Just discovered Ouray last summer. Very jealous of your much closer proximity

doubleAron

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Littleton, Colorado
Member #

Nice couple rigs there, what part of Colorado? Just discovered Ouray last summer. Very jealous of your much closer proximity
I live in Littleton a suburb of Denver. We try to make the 5 hr drive to that area once a summer. We love it too. I'm a Native, but we just discovered it about 5 years ago and that made me think, What else am I missing out on in my own backyard.

doubleAron

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Littleton, Colorado
Member #

Welcome to OB from a fellow Colorado member.

I wheeled a 2006 Dodge QC 2500 for a few years as an overland rig. While it was a rough(er) ride, they are very capable. A set of tunable shocks will go a LONG ways with the on-road and off-road comfort.
Thanks for the advice. Just curious, what did you switch to as your primary rig?

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

Thanks for the advice. Just curious, what did you switch to as your primary rig?
My current offroad rig is a 2012 Jeep JKU Sport....which is nothing short than a Cadillac offroad with very few mods. I have had a half dozen different 4wd vehicles in the past 10 years ranging from a 450hp Tube chassis Ultra4 race buggy to a bone stock 2015 F150 parts runner/National Park tourer.

Reactions: doubleAron

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

Hey Coloradans. I used to be in Glenwood, and Breck. My brother is OB 2, something something something and is in Glenwood Springs. He's a wildlife biologist and knows some ridiculously cool, little known areas all over the state. I need to get him active!