Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs CO
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

I have been an avid Off roader for over 20 years; however, this is my first Overlanding vehicle. We are a family of 4, Karen (my wife), Ian (6), Ivy Ruth (5), and myself Sam!! We camp every weekend in the mountains of Colorado. We currently have a 1996 Jeep XJ, 8" long arm with high steer kit and Bilstein Shocks, built Yukon Axles with 4.88 gears. My rig is also fitted with a Smittybilt Overland XL with Annex, ARB snorkel kit, on-board air, on-board water, built in toolbox, Dual Optima batteries, 5 lb fire extinguisher, MaxxTraxx, 3 First Aid kits (kids get hurt!!), CB with side-band, (studying now to get my Tech status for HAM), Smittybilt front/rear bumpers with 12.5k winch, (3) 75ft winch extensions, kinetic strap, tree strap, two snatch blocks, above spare cargo carrier. So much more...

We also currently have a pull rig (since we all know how much fun it is to drive a lifted XJ at highway speeds..not!! lol) 2002 F350 dually 7.3L, tuner kit, Bilstein shocks, Air bag load leveling with camper topper pulling 16ft car hauler.

I have been in the automotive repair industry for over 20years as an ASE master L1 tech.... I am also a member for Colorado 4x4 rescue and recovery !! We save the Rockies!!

Thanks for the intro... Hope to see you around!!jeep front.jpg jeep with tent.jpg truck and jeep.jpg

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
Welcome from Austin, TX. My first Jeep was an XJ. Love your rig. I would love to build another XJ or even an MJ. I’m sure you will love the OB community.

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I have been an avid Off roader for over 20 years; however, this is my first Overlanding vehicle. We are a family of 4, Karen (my wife), Ian (6), Ivy Ruth (5), and myself Sam!! We camp every weekend in the mountains of Colorado. We currently have a 1996 Jeep XJ, 8" long arm with high steer kit and Bilstein Shocks, built Yukon Axles with 4.88 gears. My rig is also fitted with a Smittybilt Overland XL with Annex, ARB snorkel kit, on-board air, on-board water, built in toolbox, Dual Optima batteries, 5 lb fire extinguisher, MaxxTraxx, 3 First Aid kits (kids get hurt!!), CB with side-band, (studying now to get my Tech status for HAM), Smittybilt front/rear bumpers with 12.5k winch, (3) 75ft winch extensions, kinetic strap, tree strap, two snatch blocks, above spare cargo carrier. So much more...

We also currently have a pull rig (since we all know how much fun it is to drive a lifted XJ at highway speeds..not!! lol) 2002 F350 dually 7.3L, tuner kit, Bilstein shocks, Air bag load leveling with camper topper pulling 16ft car hauler.

I have been in the automotive repair industry for over 20years as an ASE master L1 tech.... I am also a member for Colorado 4x4 rescue and recovery !! We save the Rockies!!

Thanks for the intro... Hope to see you around!!View attachment 66888 View attachment 66889 View attachment 66890
Hello Sam and welcome to the OB crew...outstanding looking Jeep and look forward to seeing your adventures. Great setup...