Hello from Canada

• HTML tutorial

Ducke

Rank 0

Traveler I

Canada
Hello
My name is Graham and I live in Nova Scotia Canada. I am new to overlanding and am excited to to get going. I have a 2004 Silverado that I am in the process of modifying for cursing the back roads.
I have had to do some major work in replacing the trucks frame. Add a 3" suspensions lift I have installed a 40 channel CB and a VHF/UHF radio. I'm looking for a cap for the box so I can equip it and utilize the space. I am also going to remove the back seats and install a sliding storage unit.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Kel Schwab

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

cambridge, ontario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KBS
Hey fellow Canadian! We just participated in the scouts jamboree in Nova Scotia last week, beautiful province.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kelso

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Member #

Hi Ducke, I'm new here from Canada too!

Most people laughed at how goofy my canopy set up looked on my Superduty but I highly recommend it for how functional it was! I had a Leer midrise canopy with vented "windoors" and a Kargomaster canopy rack. The added hight of the midrise was nice for climbing in and out, especially if you have any sort of platform or drawers in the back, and I LOVED having the vented windoors. Basically the side windows are actually hinged doors that open up but they had a built in sliding window with a screen. We had our dog in the back so being able to have ventilation AND be able to open the side doors to access stuff was super convenient, something to consider if you think you might build a sleeping platform back there :) This was actually a work setup as I had custom work toolboxes and drawers in the truck, would have been a sweet camping specific setup though!
I now have a 2004 Suburban 2500 6.0 that I am building up so I'll keep an eye on your progress.
tapatalk_1486833948992.jpeg

Kel Schwab

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

cambridge, ontario
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3KBS
the kids and I built it this summer, its on a 4x8 frame. 2000 lb suspension but weighs around 1600 loaded. tows like theres nothing there.

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
Really nice work! I thought it was commercially made it looks so good. If you have pics, I for one would love to see a build thread!

Lukas

Rank II

Contributor III

Wexford, Ireland
First Name
Lukasz
Last Name
Furmanek
Member #

Hi from the west coast! Any one here from Vancouver Island?
I am also new to this subject also new in Canada.
I drive 2005 Ford Exebition EB 5.4 v8. Planning to put a bfg ko2 tires and 1.5" lift for the start.
Any advice welcome.
Happy overlanding!!

Reactions: J Tosh Reed