Rank 0

Contributor I

Big Sky, MT, USA
First Name
steven
Last Name
hayden
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of turning my one man car camp set into a more family friendly hobby.

I have two jeeps
2002 wj jeep grand cherokee 4.7 (wifey)

2000 jeep cherokee xj 4.0 (mine)

Both jeeps i bought this year as daily drivers/ overlanding rigs.
I have a basic set up for weekend warrioring solo and trying to build a interchangeable set up for family weekend warrioring and longer solo trips. My wifes jeep is about to get the full treatment; new shocks, springs, brakes & rotors, rims, tires, lights, and exhaust.

My xj i bought already with a 4 inch rough country lift, 35 inch ko2s, smitty bilt bumpers and tire carrier. My current plans for this is to just clean it up and put 33s on it and drive it and enjoy it for solo trips and take my time figuring out its build.

Overlanding plans include a spring trip through the cdt; i have a few fall trips planned but very loose plans

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I am in the process of turning my one man car camp set into a more family friendly hobby.

I have two jeeps
2002 wj jeep grand cherokee 4.7 (wifey)

2000 jeep cherokee xj 4.0 (mine)

Both jeeps i bought this year as daily drivers/ overlanding rigs.
I have a basic set up for weekend warrioring solo and trying to build a interchangeable set up for family weekend warrioring and longer solo trips. My wifes jeep is about to get the full treatment; new shocks, springs, brakes & rotors, rims, tires, lights, and exhaust.

My xj i bought already with a 4 inch rough country lift, 35 inch ko2s, smitty bilt bumpers and tire carrier. My current plans for this is to just clean it up and put 33s on it and drive it and enjoy it for solo trips and take my time figuring out its build.

Overlanding plans include a spring trip through the cdt; i have a few fall trips planned but very loose plans
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
Telegram; OLB - Colorado
RM FB; Facebook Groups
Our Rocky Mountain Regional Director is @Neal A. Tew
The closest Member Representative is @Montana Carl
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Montana Carl

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert Montana
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kila MT
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Hi Kent,
I just got back from Panhandle Overland rally. It was very nice, they had a great course set up to try out your rigs on in a safe environment. I will be down your way in the next week and a half maybe we can meet up? Carl

barnstormers

Rank V

Explorer I

Rupert Idaho
First Name
Barney
Last Name
Fife
Member #

welcome home!! I thought about going up to the rally but not enough time off. glad you had a good time
I'm in Southern Idaho. try to get up your way once every year of so.

Montana Carl

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert Montana
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Kila MT
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Wells
Member #

welcome home!! I thought about going up to the rally but not enough time off. glad you had a good time
I'm in Southern Idaho. try to get up your way once every year of so.
They had trail set up it they tested ability of the driver and the vehicle. That was worth it for me without the rally get some practice with my Land Cruiser. Course the rally was fine to lots of great vendors and music, good folks.