Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oakview, MO, USA
First Name
Wolf
Last Name
Member #

So while I may not be able to join you on most of the complex technical trails from lack of ground clearance, I love a good multi-thousand-mile road trip staying in the vehicle, so thanks to a friend in Florida for linking this site we decided to sign up for membership numbers together since we're planning a overlanding trip in the next year together in our respective vehicles.

I'm likely one of the few here in what most would think is an everyday car, but I actually picked the car because the seats were comfy enough I could fall asleep in them easily and was in fact the deciding factor in the end. Combine that with a shockingly large amount of cargo space and good tire selection + availability once I switched to 16" wheels, and it's a great road-trip machine.

So far she's been through roughly 9k miles of road trips last year in the first 3 months of owning her. Kansas City <-> SoCal in November and another time Kansas City <-> NorCal in January and I ran smack into major stormfronts each time, once in Colorado and once in Wyoming.

Or when she's a bit cleaner and when my actual wheels came in finally instead of using a set of steelies so I could still make the originally road trip since I had a deadline and couldn't wait another 2 weeks for the backorder:

I hope to post more photos over this winter from my adventures I have vaguely planned, the last few times I've been too busy driving safely and enjoying the views to think to stop and take any snapshots.

Reactions: bmwguru

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

So while I may not be able to join you on most of the complex technical trails from lack of ground clearance, I love a good multi-thousand-mile road trip staying in the vehicle, so thanks to a friend in Florida for linking this site we decided to sign up for membership numbers together since we're planning a overlanding trip in the next year together in our respective vehicles.

I'm likely one of the few here in what most would think is an everyday car, but I actually picked the car because the seats were comfy enough I could fall asleep in them easily and was in fact the deciding factor in the end. Combine that with a shockingly large amount of cargo space and good tire selection + availability once I switched to 16" wheels, and it's a great road-trip machine.

So far she's been through roughly 9k miles of road trips last year in the first 3 months of owning her. Kansas City <-> SoCal in November and another time Kansas City <-> NorCal in January and I ran smack into major stormfronts each time, once in Colorado and once in Wyoming.

Or when she's a bit cleaner and when my actual wheels came in finally instead of using a set of steelies so I could still make the originally road trip since I had a deadline and couldn't wait another 2 weeks for the backorder:

I hope to post more photos over this winter from my adventures I have vaguely planned, the last few times I've been too busy driving safely and enjoying the views to think to stop and take any snapshots.
Welcome and well done. It doesn't matter what you drive in it's finest!

Reactions: WolfWings