First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hej,
I'm a Canadian living in South Eastern Sweden who's been involved with 4x4's since I was a kid sitting in the back of my dad's offroaders in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Myself I'm hooked on Land Rover's and have owned them since the late 80's.

My present landy is 1980 Series 3, 88" Hybrid that is basically totally rebuilt in the last 18 years of ownership.

Winter 2018--1-6.1.jpg

Above is a recent picture taken out playing in a farmers field that we got permission to drive.

I'm involved in offroading here in Sweden with Småland Traxx which I enjoy immensely but the last few years we have gotten more involved in taking long trips with the landy. With the biggest trip taken in 2016 when I turned 50, which you can read the blog that I used for our trip in Scandinavia http://tukojack.blogspot.se/2016/02/

I joined this forum as I enjoy reading about other trips and I'm always looking for tips/tricks and suggestions to make my trips easier or more convenient for us. I enjoy getting in the garage using the angle grinder and welder creating something new to put in the Land Rover, with my latest creation being my drop/slide fridge carrier.

IMG_20171007_164907.jpg

I'm looking forward to adding some helpful input to fellow travelers with Land Rovers and those who plan to come to Sweden.

Cheers,
Todd.

Reactions: Chadlyb

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Cheers Todd, welcome to the OB family. If you’ve had that Landy for 18 years, you must have taken good care of her. I look forward to hearing about your mods and adventures. I recently put a drop fridge slide on my drawers in my LC. Not fab’ed myself - its from Alu-cab. I’m a bit south east of you in Germany, transplanted from the US. Maybe one day our paths will cross.

Rick

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hello Rick, thanks for the welcome to the OB family. My landy is my pride and joy, it is well maintained and I'd take it on any trip without any hesitation. When the kids were young it was tight for long trips but today it's just the wife and I, so it's just right for the two for us. "transplanted from the US", are you retired military?

Reactions: NotGumby

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hej,
I'm a Canadian living in South Eastern Sweden who's been involved with 4x4's since I was a kid sitting in the back of my dad's offroaders in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia. Myself I'm hooked on Land Rover's and have owned them since the late 80's.

My present landy is 1980 Series 3, 88" Hybrid that is basically totally rebuilt in the last 18 years of ownership.

View attachment 52371

Above is a recent picture taken out playing in a farmers field that we got permission to drive.

I'm involved in offroading here in Sweden with Småland Traxx which I enjoy immensely but the last few years we have gotten more involved in taking long trips with the landy. With the biggest trip taken in 2016 when I turned 50, which you can read the blog that I used for our trip in Scandinavia http://tukojack.blogspot.se/2016/02/

I joined this forum as I enjoy reading about other trips and I'm always looking for tips/tricks and suggestions to make my trips easier or more convenient for us. I enjoy getting in the garage using the angle grinder and welder creating something new to put in the Land Rover, with my latest creation being my drop/slide fridge carrier.

View attachment 52372

I'm looking forward to adding some helpful input to fellow travelers with Land Rovers and those who plan to come to Sweden.

Cheers,
Todd.
Hello Todd and welcome to the OB crew. .great looking rig and look forward to seeing your adventures

Reactions: Todd Jackson

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Thank you Chad!
I think over the long weekend I'll make a post of our trip last summer to Gotland, 7 nights of wild camping on the island.

Reactions: Chadlyb

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
Hello Rick, thanks for the welcome to the OB family. My landy is my pride and joy, it is well maintained and I'd take it on any trip without any hesitation. When the kids were young it was tight for long trips but today it's just the wife and I, so it's just right for the two for us. "transplanted from the US", are you retired military?
Hi Todd, that’s still a long time to have rig! How many K’s does she have on the clock? I’m ex-mil, yes.

Rick

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hi Todd, that’s still a long time to have rig! How many K’s does she have on the clock? I’m ex-mil, yes.

Rick
Rick the landy has approx 200K on the clock but that is really an estimate as the speedo has been replaced at least once by a previous owner and once by me. Nearly every nut, bolt on the landy has been replaced in the 18 years of ownership plus I do all the mechanical stuff myself, so the mileage and age doesn't reflect the condition the landy is in. The next two projects for the landy include ring & pinion in the front diff and installing the new transmission that's been sitting in the shed all winter. I'm retired CND mil.

Todd.

Todd Jackson

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Nybro, Kalmar, Sweden
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Service Branch
Services
Hej Joey83,
thanks maybe we will cross paths this year if your involved in any of the meets that Thorstein arranges.