Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

The Mr. Heater is on sale right now for $55 bucks at Bass Pro Shops. I just picked 1 up and am testing it right now as I type. Puts out a nice am out of heat. Should heat up the camper shell really good.

OB 1643

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

For those with the Mr. Heater Little Buddy Heater, could it be fitted to a larger bottle? Or is the 1 lb the only option? On the larger heater, could some one tell me the approximate size/weight?

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

For those with the Mr. Heater Little Buddy Heater, could it be fitted to a larger bottle? Or is the 1 lb the only option? On the larger heater, could some one tell me the approximate size/weight?
From what I have read the little buddy only works with the 1lb bottles because it screws onto the top of the bottle.
The larger unit can be hooked up to a 20lb cylinder.

OB 1643

Wooks

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Member #

Little Buddy
Mr Buddy
Big Buddy

All of them are great options. If your going with the big one definitely invest in a tank instead of the 1lb bottles.

Really just comes down to how much space you have to pack and how much sqft you want to heat.

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

For those looking for a little larger option (also more costly), there's the ClimateRight for things like teardrops and trailers. Could be used for larger tents too. But now you're talking generator, serious inverter or shore power.

Reactions: Winterpeg

Rolf C-P

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, UK
Member #

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

I'm using a Honeywell 360* surround space heater for my Suzuki sx4 when I'm camping. I picked this up from Walmart for 30$ This is a great little heater!untitled.png

Explore Maine

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hartland Maine
Member #

Do you run that all night while camping? What is the power consumption for that?
I have ran this heater for several hours without any problems, the heater has a shut off built in once the temp reaches its set temp it shuts down. When the temperature drop it kicks back on and this little heater also has a tip over feature that will shut it off, as far as the power consumption I couldn't tell you.

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

I have ran this heater for several hours without any problems, the heater has a shut off built in once the temp reaches its set temp it shuts down. When the temperature drop it kicks back on and this little heater also has a tip over feature that will shut it off, as far as the power consumption I couldn't tell you.
So you simply run this off an inverter plugged into the vehicle, what size inverter? That sounds like a pretty simple and easy setup. I might have to pick one up and do a battery test drain with a meter.

Reactions: rvrgrip and Raul B

Winterpeg

CDN Prairie Ambassador
Staff member
Launch Member

Influencer II

Winnipeg, MB
Member #

So you simply run this off an inverter plugged into the vehicle, what size inverter? That sounds like a pretty simple and easy setup. I might have to pick one up and do a battery test drain with a meter.
That will kill your battery(s) pretty quick.

Reactions: Glenn

GrizzCamp

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Laird
Last Name
Maresch
Member #

That will kill your battery(s) pretty quick.
Lol, ya I wish all the campsites we go to had hookups. Most of the built up campsites in California that have hookups are flooded with huge RVs with generators running day and night. I use a Iwatani butane heater made for indoors with safety features.

F4T XJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

London, United Kingdom
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Savage
Member #

I opted for these 2 as combined they still use less space than a stove. Will use the open fire pit where allowed and the heatpal when not in my tipi.

Hekla-fire-boxes.png

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

FamilyAdventuresOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia Beach, Va
Member #

You can use an adapter hose to attach it to a full size tank. The heater is a high pressure style one, hence the 1lbs bottles. The hoses can be picked up at most home improvement stores, walmart and online. Its the same one you'd use to run your typical Coleman camp stove off of a 20lbs tank.

Reactions: Vyscera

NomadJeep15

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Jake
Last Name
Feltner
Member #

Service Branch
Firefighter Paramedi
I will be testing out the Mr. Heater this weekend on a trip up to the UP. Fortunately for me it won't have to be tested to extreme lengths as the forecast is calling for around mid 40s for the weekend. None the less it will be heating up my jeep. Thanks for all the replies guys

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app

FamilyAdventuresOverland

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia Beach, Va
Member #

I will be testing out the Mr. Heater this weekend on a trip up to the UP. Fortunately for me it won't have to be tested to extreme lengths as the forecast is calling for around mid 40s for the weekend. None the less it will be heating up my jeep. Thanks for all the replies guys

Sent from my SM-G930V using OB Talk mobile app
Just make sure you have a carbon monoxide tester in the cab for safety. You'll also need a window cracked to vent.

Reactions: Winterpeg