Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

It's about heated washer nozzles, many newer vehicles have them or they come with a "cold weather package" or included in cold climate versions of the rig itself.

My wrangler jku doesn't have them and they are not available for it from jeep nor did I see them in the aftermarket for it.

Now for reasons I would like to put them in, has anyone done that? Where did you hook them up electrically?
I thought I may just include them to the heated mirrors/rear window circuit so I can activate them if I want to.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Old Japanese 4x4s sometimes had a heated windshield wiper washer system, I know it for example from the L200 PU. Or as you say, many modern cars, e.g. VW. So either to the scrap dealer look if you find something you can adapt or look at new parts, something like this?

Just heating the nozzles I don't think does much, but the wiper washer tank would have to be heated as well. Did not Nakatanenga outfitter offered something like that in the past? I think I remember something.

Regarding wiring you have to look, because these must always be heated in the cold to be ready when you need them, right? If you connect them on the heated mirrors or a heated windshield, there often a time switch relay in it or how is that with the Jeep?

I myself do not have a heated wiper tank or nozzles and have never had a problem with freezing, because I simply fill pure concentrate to minus 60 degrees Celsius. This works well and does not freeze even at minus 30 degrees Celsius despite windchill.

But keep us up to date on what you decide, it is always interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Heated nozzles just prevent the fluid from freezing in the nozzle or stay frozen. The alcohol in the fluid evaporates over time.
Let's be clear, it's not a huge problem but unpleasant if you are used to it.
I already thought about putting the vw nozzles in, heating the fluid in the tank should be doable, need to think about it!

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Heated nozzles just prevent the fluid from freezing in the nozzle or stay frozen. The alcohol in the fluid evaporates over time.
Let's be clear, it's not a huge problem but unpleasant if you are used to it.
I already thought about putting the vw nozzles in, heating the fluid in the tank should be doable, need to think about it!
Great. Please keep us updated on what you are doing and how you are fitting it. Sounds like a cool DIY project and is certainly interesting for one or the other here. As said I never had a problem with freezing of the wish washer system but maybe it is worth to rethink for my winter trips. Thank you!

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I managed to "warm up" the windshield washer fluid on an MGB I drove back in the 90s. I removed the delivery hose line from the pump and replaced it with one that was a few feet longer. I rerouted the hose and coiled it around the upper rad hose on it's way to the washer jets. The fluid in the washer reservoir remained the same and it warmed up along the way. I won't say it was hot but it was certainly warmer. I never experienced problems with the nozzles freezing in the first place. I was just trying to get warmer fluid on the windshield.